Clinical Laboratory Associate I, Quality, AM Shift, M-F
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant Health oncology platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum. Guardant Health has commercially launched Guardant360®, Guardant360 CDx, Guardant360 TissueNext™, Guardant360 Response™, and GuardantOMNI® tests for advanced stage cancer patients, and Guardant Reveal™ for early-stage cancer patients. The Guardant Health screening portfolio, including the Shield™ test, aims to address the needs of individuals eligible for cancer screening.
As a Clinical Laboratory Associate we are looking for someone who will be responsible for assisting the Clinical Laboratory Scientists and supporting the daily operations of the Clinical Laboratory. As part of the Clinical Operations you will be responsible for:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform equipment maintenance according to the laboratory’s standard operating procedures for the following but not limited to: centrifuges, freezers, refrigerators, pipettors, heat blocks, quantitation instruments, sequencers, and liquid handlers.
- Create sample batches, print labels and label tubes and plates.
- Maintain sufficient inventory of material, supplies and equipment in the laboratory for performance of duties.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Clean racks and other laboratory supplies.
- Manage plasma sample inventory.
- Perform annual review of standard operating procedures.
- Assist the Reagent Manufacturing team with preparation and aliquoting of reagents, manufacture controls and reagents kits require for performing and supporting sample testing.
- Assist with managing and ensuring sufficient inventory of reagents used in the Clinical Operations laboratory.
- Participate in interdepartmental activities with Supply Chain and Quality to ensure qualified reagents for testing are available for use at all time.
- Assist the Clinical Laboratory Scientist during clinical patient testing.
- Participate in projects under the supervision of a CLS or Supervisor along with maintaining quality and efficient work flow of daily duties.
- Perform laboratory tests, procedures and analyses according to the laboratory’s standard operating procedures for research sample testing
- Operate and troubleshoot equipment according to the laboratory’s standard operating procedures for research sample testing
- Independently identify and troubleshoot high complexity problems that adversely affect the test performance for research sample testing
- Assist with training of new laboratory personnel and training of new procedures with existing personnel.
- Assist with internal audits and inspection preparation, as needed.
- Manage of organizing and maintaining laboratory, equipment, personnel and training documents.
- Set-up the liquid handlers and assist with liquid handlers automated procedures.
- Ensure on-time calibration of laboratory equipment is scheduled and performed.
- Report all concerns of test quality and/or safety to the Supervisor or Safety Officer.
- Work closely with the CLS’s and Accessioning Teams and Reagent Manufacturing team to provide consistent and ongoing support to the entire service department.
- Write and revise standard operating procedures, as needed.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and report to laboratory management
- Provide guidance for new Clinical Laboratory Associates, give constructive feedback and provide peer review feedback for evaluations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of AA or equivalent required
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Biomedical Laboratory Science, Clinical Science or related field preferred.
- At least 2 years of related experiences in a high complexity laboratory
- Demonstrate a high level of competency when assisting in the analytical sample processing steps all other supporting function
- Dedicated to making a difference
- Driven to make a positive impact in cancer diagnosis and treatment
- Great communicator with great written and verbal fluency in English
- Detailed oriented with an appetite to drive tasks to completion
- Ability to work well in a rapid-pace startup environment
- Ability to work well in a group
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
For positions based in Palo Alto, CA or Redwood City, CA, the hourly range for this full-time position is $26.92 to $36.53 USD. The range does not include benefits and, if applicable, overtime, bonus, commission, or equity.
Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including, but not limited to, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. If you are selected to move forward, the recruiting team will provide details specific to the factors above.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our hiring processes for candidates with disabilities, long-term conditions, mental health conditions, or sincerely held religious beliefs. If you need support, please reach out to [email protected]
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.
Please visit our career page at: http://www.guardanthealth.com/j