Sr. Bioinformatics Scientist, Emerging Technologies BioPharma Collaborations (Palo Alto, CA, San Diego, CA, or Seattle, WA)
- 3000 Hanover St, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant Health Oncology Platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum. Guardant Health has launched liquid biopsy-based Guardant360®, Guardant360 CDx and GuardantOMNI® tests for advanced stage cancer patients. These tests fuel development of its LUNAR program, which aims to address the needs of early stage cancer patients with neoadjuvant and adjuvant treatment selection, cancer survivors with surveillance, asymptomatic individuals eligible for cancer screening and individuals at a higher risk for developing cancer with early detection.
The Bioinformatics, BioPharma team at Guardant Health is focused on partnerships with leading biotech and pharma companies who are at the forefront of cancer therapeutics and diagnostics. In this role, you will help lead the bioinformatics and data analysis in support of the MRD project and other emerging technologies. You will work with a number of BioPharma and clinical customers, tailor personalized analyses for each organization, and tackle some of the most interesting biological and technical questions related to minimal residual disease, cancer recurrence and early detection.
You will contribute to BioPharma project initiatives in-house, including development of novel bioinformatic and analytical methods. As a part of the Bioinformatics and BioPharma teams, you will have the opportunity to innovate and implement your ideas to constantly improve our emerging technology products and analytics so that they are best suited for the changing landscape of BioPharma needs.
You will work closely with multiple teams across Guardant Health, including Bioinformatics, Medical Affairs, Software, Business Development, Technology Development, and Operations. You will gain first-hand experience working with experts in each of these areas to accomplish projects related to Guardant Health’s BioPharma business. You will work together with our collaborators in industry, hospitals and academia on high-impact translational research and publish on your findings. You will have access to the unprecedented compendium of data collected at Guardant Health and you will be able to (and should be excited to!) leverage this data for tumor biology and technological insights.
- PhD in bioinformatics, genomics or related fields
- 3+ years relevant experience in Pharmaceutical or Biotech industry
- Extensive knowledge of molecular biology and cancer genomics
- Expertise in scripting language – R and/or Python and linux shell environment
- Bonus: experience developing novel / custom algorithms for interpretation of NGS data
- Excellent data analysis skills and working knowledge of statistical methods
- Experience with NGS data and landscape of bioinformatics tools
- Bonus: direct experience with epigenomic data
- Desire and ability to dig deeply through various data types to seek out answers
- Great communication and presentation skills, ability to present clearly and effectively to stakeholders across organizations
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced startup environment, delivering high-quality results under tight timelines
- Ability to synthesize high-level concepts, drive projects forward, while maintaining attention to detail
- Strong team player: ability to work together with your team as well as cross-functionally and even across institutions, to accomplish your goals
Covid Vaccination Policy: Starting January 7, 2022, Guardant Health will require all employees to be fully vaccinated to either (a) establish that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19; or (b) request and obtain an approved exemption from Guardant’s COVID-19 U.S. Vaccination Policy as a reasonable accommodation, as consistent with applicable laws. An employee is considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after receiving the second dose of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccination. Acceptable vaccines are approved or under emergency use authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and/or the World Health Organization (WHO). In addition, fully-vaccinated employees will be required to maintain their fully-vaccinated status under this policy by obtaining, if applicable, any FDA-approved boosters.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.
Please visit our career page at: http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/