Account Manager, Early Cancer Screening - Charleston, SC
- 505 Penobscot Dr, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant Health Oncology Platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum. Guardant Health has launched liquid biopsy-based Guardant360®, Guardant360 CDx and GuardantOMNI® tests for advanced stage cancer patients. These tests fuel development of its LUNAR program, which aims to address the needs of early stage cancer patients with neoadjuvant and adjuvant treatment selection, cancer survivors with surveillance, asymptomatic individuals eligible for cancer screening and individuals at a higher risk for developing cancer with early detection.
The Screening Core is a dedicated organization inside of Guardant Health focused on the development and commercialization of the early cancer detection LUNAR portfolio. The Screening Core’s singular focus on bringing our early cancer detection products to market allows us to act with the speed and urgency needed to achieve our ambitious goals and serve the millions of individuals who can benefit from early cancer detection.
About the Role:
This is an opportunity to join the growing Screening and Early Detection commercial team at Guardant Health, as a field-based Account Manager and work hand in hand with sales leadership and Key Account Manager (KAM)to help set go to market sales strategy and launch a revolutionary new technology for cancer screening. The field-based Account Manager, Screening Core is responsible for the effective promotion a cancer screening colorectal cancer (CRC) liquid biopsy to healthcare providers in the practice setting. This position will act with urgency and with passion to deliver best in class new products for early cancer detection.
- Prospect and target to identify early adopter and generate interest of the Lunar-2 Test.
- Meet or exceed sales goals, maximize promotional budgets, and execute the national sales strategy in accordance with Guardant Health standards.
- Drive strategic business expansion/collaboration opportunities with primary care providers and their practices.
- Develop and implement a business plan in line with brand strategy to support launch.
- Identify opportunities in the marketplace, share best practices, and proactively communicate strategies to cross-functional partners and members of the Commercial Team.
- Continually analyze competitive landscape and environment within assigned accounts to determine trends and provide customer feedback to GHI leadership.
- Structure detailed strategic plans for gaining and retaining new and existing clients.
- Manage implementation of all promotional activities to support sales and marketing strategies, in accordance with high industry standards and company policies.
- Work effectively with individuals across multiple departments throughout Guardant Health.
- Collaborate and coordinate with all sales positions (VP of Sales, ASDs, RSDs, KAMs and AM’s) to ensure successful attainment of company goals and objectives.
- Embrace, embody and represent the Guardant Health company culture at all times to external and internal constituents.
- This is a field-based role. Ability to travel approximately 30% of working time within assigned area and some travel outside of assigned area for regional or national meetings.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Meet customer access requirements.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- 2+ years of direct experience in a customer-facing sales role in a medical, healthcare or technical field with a history of 1) consistent closing abilities throughout the sales cycle and 2) proven past performance that has met and exceeded expectations.
- Comfortable communicating, presenting, selling to healthcare providers and office staff members.
- High reach and frequency to high decile healthcare providers.
- Impeccable oral and verbal communication and presentation skills; Superior listening and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to engage in a consultative selling process that overcomes objections and indifferences while connecting client needs with GHI capabilities.
- Ability to maintain an outstanding level of market, customer, distribution and product knowledge necessary to accomplish sales and marketing objectives.
- Excellent negotiation, problem-solving and customer service skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain a very high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrate Ability to develop and utilize cross-functional relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals and objectives.
- Ability to work independently, communicate proactively, manage multiple projects and prioritize daily tasks while managing critical deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal direction from, or interface with, manager .
- Strong administrative skills and sophistication to manage business in complex environments. Must be proficient at in person, phone and virtual selling environments.
- Must be very proficient with all Microsoft Office products – particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Effective and regular utilization of Salesforce.com.
- Demonstrate Guardant HealthValues by acting with integrity, respect, trust and Possess a very positive attitude and an understanding of the dynamics involved with organizational growth and change.
- Frequent travel ( > 30%) throughout the territory as needed
- Experience with sales/marketing of products or services directly to healthcare providers, gastroenterologists and their practices.
- Product launch planning and experience.
- High touch customer service skills.
- Must have valid drivers license to conduct field office and customer visits
- Must be able to meet specific doctor office and health clinic entry/access requirements
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.