BioPharma Medical Science Liaison
- 505 Penobscot Dr, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory and reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 and GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence and early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 7,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies and all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
The primary role of a BioPharma Medical Science Liaison (BP-MSL) is to educate and support Translational Leads at BioPharma companies with the most current data and education materials supporting the clinical and research value of Guardant Health’s products. The BP-MSL will seek opportunities to engage and develop key stakeholders (KSHs) within BioPharma companies to influence their presentation of Guardant data incorporated in clinical studies and their education of colleagues and physicians. This is completed through direct education of KSHs with slides, abstracts and publications relevant to Guardant Health’s products and services; development and provision of Guardant data summary slides coupled with key educational points; participating in the review, summary and delivery of all outgoing Guardant RUO BioPharma reports; participating in the development and creation of educational slides to be deployed in focused events; and identifying opportunities for collaboration on projects of mutual interest.
The BP-MSL will be effective at translating data from research projects and disseminating key information through publications, and presentations at national meetings, CME and educational activities. The role of the BP-MSL position also involves supporting business development operations, bioinformatics, and marketing; education of the BioPharma sales team/s; and supporting biopharma pipeline analyses to identify target programs aligned with Guardant product goals that will ultimately drive test adoption.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Identify, develop and/or maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with biopharma KSHs to promote understanding, adoption, and accurate presentation of our novel diagnostic technologies.
- Internal point person for development and provision of Guardant data summary slides coupled with key educational points to support BioPharma partner inquiries and data necessary for BD activities, abstracts and publications.
- Critically review and provide medically- and scientifically- relevant direction on the summary and delivery of all outgoing Guardant RUO BioPharma-project results.
- Support web-con presentations, data reviews, and interactive education events for KSHs, also known as “data deep dives.”
- Critically review and develop education slides based on new publications and research findings, for approval by Medical Affairs and Business Development.
- Analyze and maintain pipeline assessments of accounts and associated key trial PIs to identify target programs, trials, and data development opportunities that align with Guardant product strategies.
- Facilitate meetings and scientific opportunities for the Guardant Health Chief Scientific and Medical Officers, that initiate and strengthen relationships with BioPharma KSHs and other key influencers.
- Synopsize and educate key personnel regarding emerging abstracts and publications relevant to molecular testing.
- Function as the primary clinical resource to the Business Development, Alliance Management, Bioinformatics, and Trials/Consortia BP teams with participation in medical updates, scientific presentations, teleconferences, and meetings as requested.
1. Education/Experience Required
- Terminal degree in a scientific field of study (Pharm.D., Ph.D., M.D. or academic equivalent such as Associate Professor position).
- Clinical expertise or related experience in relevant specialties is highly desirable. Minimum of 3-5 years of healthcare experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- Experience working with experts at academic medical centers and/or biopharma companies to build consensus around new products and/or services.
- Prior experience as an MSL in the introduction of a novel new clinical product is highly desired.
2. Technical Skills Required
- Applies advanced knowledge of the biotechnology, diagnostics and pharmaceutical industry.
- Ability to apply advanced knowledge of company product specifications.
- Intermediate-to-advanced knowledge of the following computer software programs: Microsoft Office: Powerpoint, Excel, and Word
- Ability to work independently and remotely while maintaining a strong teamwork ethic.
- Multi-dimensional in abilities to work on simultaneous tasks, work cross-team and at different levels of the organization, whether internal or external relationships to the organization.
- Self-directed, intrinsically motivated, flexible to changes in an ever changing dynamic environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills, good attention to detail, time management skills and personal initiative.
- Exceptional human relations skills to coordinate the accomplishment of tasks through other people.
- Outstanding oral presentation skills.
- Highly developed written skills, the ability to produce documents for dissemination both inside and outside the organization for presentations, technical briefs and scientific publications.
- Ability to elicit and answer clinical questions in groups ranging from individuals to larger didactic roundtables and meetings.
- Ability to address high-level experts in the scientific field at company-sponsored events and trade shows.
- Excellent proofreading skills, with the ability to proof for proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and formatting of documents.
- Extensive travel required up to 3-4 days per week to meet with KOLs, attend physician education talks and conference, including specialty society scientific meetings (will require some weekend work). Travel is estimated to be approximately 50%.
- Must be physically able to handle extensive travel in vehicle, plane, or other modes of public transport.
- Office may be home-based, and involves extensive use of computer and keyboard while in home office.
- Requires the ability to focus on multiple tasks simultaneously, work in high-paced, high-energy environment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.