Senior Software Engineer - LUNAR-2
- 505 Penobscot Dr, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant Health Oncology Platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum. Guardant Health has launched liquid biopsy-based Guardant360®, Guardant360 CDx and GuardantOMNI® tests for advanced stage cancer patients. These tests fuel development of its LUNAR program, which aims to address the needs of early stage cancer patients with neoadjuvant and adjuvant treatment selection, cancer survivors with surveillance, asymptomatic individuals eligible for cancer screening and individuals at a higher risk for developing cancer with early detection.
At Guardant Health our mission is to conquer cancer with data; as such software sits at the core of everything we do. While we’re best known for our molecular diagnostics, which unlock the genomic signatures of cancer, these tests are just the first step in the equation. Turning this genomic data into actionable insights shared with thousands of patients, physicians, and researchers in a scalable, reliable, and secure fashion is a software product challenge.
We are building a unique software stack to manage an ecosystem of microservices, RESTful APIs, and data integrations with internal and external systems to deliver useful and elegant user experiences in the extraordinarily complex oncology diagnostic and therapeutic landscape. We connect patients with clinical trials, help clinicians order our test and receive our clinical reports, and deliver valuable genomic datasets to researchers to help uncover important insights into treatment paradigms and drug discovery.
Our current technology stack reflects our views of using the best tools for the job, employing Java, Python, Ruby along with Kubernetes, Docker, Mulesoft, MySQL, MongoDB, high-performance computing clusters (HPC), and a variety of AWS services to analyze and disseminate vast volumes of genomic data. We are seeking to extend our current technology stack to support digital experiences at high scale.
The Software team is looking for an experienced and energetic Senior Software Engineer to help architect and build apps and integrations into EMR systems for an end-to-end workflow from order entry through sample processing and final delivery of results to physicians and patients. This will also include integrations with systems to support billing/reimbursement and revenue recognition.
As a member of the software team, you will:
- Work with very interesting technologies and datasets (human genomics)
- Have a holistic view of processes and systems involved in taking patient samples from order to result in a multi-product clinical laboratory
- Understand end-to-end workflows and software apps, including CRM, order entry, patient and physician portals as well as integrations with electronic health record systems
- Leverage off-the-shelf or existing functionality whenever possible so development resources can be focused on unmet needs
- Build and maintain an ecosystem of services and applications that provide unique value add
- Integrate into other enterprise systems and services to create seamless business processes
- Analyze complex requirements, create simple designs, vet with multiple stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- Initiate and lead technical design discussions within and across technical teams.
- Create artifacts, such as design and implementation, to guide development, implementation and support
- Code for efficiency, reusability, scalability and all other -ilities by following existing frameworks and practices or creating new ones when needed
- Work with DevOps and SQE teams to develop and maintain automated tests for regular releases
- Provide operational platform support such as user and license management and audit documentation
- Provide second-tier production support
You enjoy an agile, fast paced and highly technical environment. You are comfortable with every aspect of the software development lifecycle, from requirements to production support. You understand the importance of software architecture; you present design choices and iterate over them using feedback as a tool.
You can collaborate within and across teams, understand the big picture, create software designs, implement and prove your code is great with automated test results. You are able to work both independently and collaboratively, and you have a track record of technical leadership in a small team. You are eager to learn new technologies and languages. You are dedicated to engineering excellence yet pragmatic enough to balance quality principles and business needs. You are a champion of agile/scrum. You know the value of written word and can create right-size documentation. You seek feedback and integrate it in a professional manner.
In addition, you bring:
- 6+ years of enterprise software development
- 6+ years of experience developing production software in Java or similar language
- 5+ years of experience developing and consuming RESTFul APIs using RAML, Swagger / OpenAPI
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with data modeling, developing schemas (relational databases, XML/JSON), data management and processing (relational and NoSQL data stores)
- 2+ years of experience of development on commercial off-the-shelf platform (such as SalesForce, Oracle ERP or others) is highly desired
- Understanding of laboratory operations, regulations and compliance in the healthcare industry is highly desired
- 2+ years experience with Amazon Web Services or other cloud services
- 2+ years experience working with regulated software (such as healthcare or financial)
- Deep understanding and track record of utilization of contemporary architectural patterns and methodologies such as microservices, serverless, CQRS and DDD
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment leveraging an agile development framework, understanding of test automation and continuous integration
- Bachelor degree in software engineering, CS, or EE
- Experience with integration platforms such as Mulesoft is highly desired
- Experience in healthcare industry is highly desired
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants
Please visit our career page at: http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs