Scientist II, IVD
- 505 Penobscot Dr, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
We believe conquering cancer is a big data problem. That’s why we built the world’s leading comprehensive liquid biopsy. This non-invasive tool for accessing and sequencing tumor DNA is used by thousands of oncologists to help tens of thousands of advanced cancer patients. We believe the boom in cancer data acquisition we helped launch will drive important discoveries and new products. We’re working on some exciting ones, including in early detection, where the impact on patients can be profound. We’ve raised more than $500 million from investors including Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, OrbiMed, and SoftBank.
To enable Guardant Health to lead the disruption of cancer treatments through non-invasive cancer screening, the Technology Development Team is seeking a highly motivated Scientist II to help test and validate novel technologies for rare variant studies with next-generation sequencing in a regulated environment. At Guardant, we leverage the most advanced technologies and work with leaders in many different fields to create the most impactful and meaningful technologies for cancer management.
As a Scientist II in the IVD team you will work within the team as well as collaborate cross-functionally with members of technology development, bioinformatics, quality control, regulatory affairs and clinical affairs. You will rise to the challenge of leading V&V studies (design, planning and execution) for our genotyping assay, providing technical reports to support FDA submissions. You are expected to divide your time between working in the lab and at the desk and working with junior team members in their execution of NGS experiments to support IVD development. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, flexible team member who learns quickly, enjoys multi-tasking and most importantly, has an interest in our company and our products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in a team environment and independently develop, test and validate technologies for early cancer detection studies with next-generation sequencing under design control
- Think creatively and apply knowledge to design validation experiments and analyze data for NGS applications in oncology diagnostics
- Document product development requirements and validation results
- Apply previous experience to author study protocols and write technical reports to support FDA submissions
- Be highly committed and deliver results in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Guide junior team members in their experimental execution and technical documentation.
- Experience with development under an FDA regulated environment for IVD product under design control
- Experience in development or optimization of nucleic acid technologies with a preference for sequencing-based genomic assays.
- Extensive experience in assay set up, reagent development and experimental design.
- Experience with data analysis, preferably NGS data
- Excellent interdisciplinary communication skills
- Good organization skills, detailed orientated mindset
- Consummate team player: demonstrated ability to contribute in an environment where numerous inputs are required to accomplish complex goals
- Curiosity and drive
- BA/BS with a minimum of 8 years of industry experience; MA/MS with a minimum of 6 years of industry experience, PhD with a minimum of 2 years of industry experience in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry or related field.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.