Senior Security Architect
- 505 Penobscot Dr, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant Health Oncology Platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum. Guardant Health has launched liquid biopsy-based Guardant360 and GuardantOMNI tests for advanced stage cancer patients and LUNAR assay for research use and for use in prospective clinical trials. In parallel, Guardant Health is actively exploring the performance of the LUNAR assay in initial studies related to screening and early detection in asymptomatic individuals.
The Senior Security Architect, reporting to the Director, Security Architecture, will be tasked with drafting security policies, security standards, performing threat modeling and providing security technical guidance to engineering and infrastructure teams throughout Guardant Health. As a Senior Security Architect, you will help drive security strategy, detection of threats and best practices to build security first. The Security Architecture team is small yet nimble and is empowered to quickly mature security practices, elevate risk to key business stakeholders, and design bleeding-edge security technologies at Guardant Health.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with engineering and infrastructure teams to define and implement a successful threat modeling program
- Collaborate with engineering and infrastructure teams to define and implement security controls within our software development life cycle and IT infrastructure services
- Implement/Recommend bleeding-edge technologies, frameworks and techniques to solve unique problems in the health care space
- Draft security standards for solutions using industry standard methodologies, regulatory guidelines and corporate policies
- Draft security policies for solutions using industry standard methodologies, regulatory guidelines and corporate policies
- Develop cross-functional relationships across business and technical leads, architects, and product owners to ensure alignment with business goals and enterprise-level architectural standards
- Serve as SME on all security architecture related needs and topics
- Remain current with trends in customer facing technologies, security threats, and health care technologies
- 8+ years of experience in cyber security related domain
- Development experience using languages such as Python, Go, Ruby, Java, etc.
- Strong security background and related experience in Security Architecture, Product Security, and Application Security
- Experience with designing, implementing and managing Application Security threat modeling (STRIDE/DREAD, PASTA, VAST, etc.)
- Experience with designing and implementing Application Security vulnerability tooling (DAST/SAST/OSS, etc.)
- Experience with designing and implementing Container Security tooling (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, AWS EKS)
- Experience with designing and implementing Infrastructure Security tooling (EDR, IDS, SSO, WAF, RASP, DLP, Data Leakage)
- Experience securing cloud computing technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP, SFDC, Oracle, etc.)
- Experience with authoring security standards, policies and best practice documentation (NIST/BSIMM, etc.)
- Experience securing IT infrastructure (Linux, Windows, Networks, etc.)
- Highly technical with both tactical and strategic capabilities
- Decision maker with the ability to operate with freedom and autonomy
- Emphasis on data-driven, decision making mindset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly collaborative in a fast-paced team first environment
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please visit our career page at: http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.