Senior Payroll Specialist
- 505 Penobscot Dr, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
- Employees can work remotely
This role works out of our Headquarters in Redwood City, CA. Due to the Covid 19 Pandemic Guardant Health has temporarily classified this role as ‘partial working from home status’, meaning as duties apply this role the person will be expected onsite a few days a week. We will fully return onsite at HQ when it is determined safe to do so.
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets, and advanced analytics. The Guardant Health Oncology Platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes, and lower healthcare costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum. Guardant Health has launched liquid biopsy-based Guardant360®, Guardant360 CDx, and GuardantOMNI® tests for advanced-stage cancer patients. These tests fuel development of its LUNAR program, which aims to address the needs of early-stage cancer patients with neoadjuvant and adjuvant treatment selection, cancer survivors with surveillance, asymptomatic individuals eligible for cancer screening, and individuals at a higher risk for developing cancer with early detection.
The Payroll Specialist at Guardant Health will contribute to a world-class finance team in rapid growth and emerging environment. The finance team serves as trusted advisors for all our strategic and enterprise endeavors and works closely with business partners on a daily basis. Intrinsic motivation, curiosity, persistence, and collaboration will be critical to thrive in this role. You will partner, and solve problems with colleagues across a number of business teams, therefore, strong interpersonal communication skills are required, both written and verbal.
The Payroll Specialist will perform complex administrative and accounting duties necessary to prepare payroll for exempt and non-exempt employees in a multi-state environment and globally while ensuring compliance with company policy and procedure as well as federal, state, and local payroll tax regulations. All responsibilities need to be performed on time and with accuracy utilizing judgment and initiative under the stress of strict deadlines.
- Full-cycle processing of bi-weekly US payroll for 600+ employees working in over 40 states while incorporating payroll data from multiple internal departments and external benefit providers. This includes maintaining supporting documentation and authorization for all changes.
- Ensure that all non-exempt employee timecards are approved in a timely fashion and that timecard data is processed accurately including adjustments as needed.
- Assist with payroll compliance matters such as multi-state/multi-jurisdiction tax withholding, garnishments, and key annual audits (e.g. 401 (k), workers compensations, external financial audit).
- Recognize opportunities and recommend scalable processes to enhance payroll operational efficiency while maintaining accuracy. This includes assisting the Payroll Manager with the design and implementation of internal control measures and periodic review of compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Provide standard and ad-hoc payroll reports as needed by various internal departments such as Finance, Accounting, Legal, Equity, and People Operations.
- Reconcile and validate 401(k)/Roth contributions and resolve discrepancies.
- Serve as the main contact for all payroll related matters in a timely manner and provide excellent payroll support to all employees by addressing inquiries, concerns, and requests.
- Handle preparation of manual checks for out-of-cycle payments.
- Coordinate with People Operations to assure seamless and timely integration of information for payroll processing.
- Maintain good recordkeeping practices and payroll files.
- Assist in implementing, writing, and maintaining standard operating procedures.
- Assist with or be responsible for other duties and ad-hoc projects as assigned by the Payroll Manager.
- BS/BA degree required, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
- Experience with multi-state Payrolls larger than 600 employees with both exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Detailed knowledge of payroll compliance and working knowledge of state/federal employment laws/regulations.
- 5+ Years of experience in a Payroll function preferably in a fast-paced environment.
- 5+ Years of experience processing payroll using ADP WorkforceNow, required.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and take ownership of work product. Proven ability to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-growing environment with frequently changing priorities.
- Possess a tech-savvy mindset and passion for end to end design and improvement.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with various levels of difficulty in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be proficient in the use of a spreadsheet (MS Excel and Google), word processing (MS Word and Google) and HRIS (Workday).
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- A solutions-oriented team player who enjoys a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrated skill with business judgement and problem solving.
- Ability to effectively work with all levels and cross-functionally within the company.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to complete with discretion and confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills, with a sharp focus on details.
- Maintain a helpful and positive attitude during periods of high volume.
- Strong system and data flow knowledge. Ability to learn and adapt to new process flows and software technologies.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies up to 20 lbs and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposed to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.
Please visit our career page at: http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/