Clinical Project Coordinator
- 505 Penobscot Dr, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage our capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory and reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs.
In pursuit of our goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched two liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 and GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, and is developing programs for recurrence and early detection, called Project LUNAR. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 5,000 oncologists, over 40 biopharmaceutical companies and all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
Guardant Health is looking for a highly motivated Project Coordinator (PC) to assist the Clinical Development team with managing clinical studies. The PC will perform various coordinating tasks including but not limited to, overseeing biospecimen logistics, managing timelines and deliverables, along with administrative duties, like verifying invoices, supporting procurement activities and assisting with the day to day operations associated with the successful execution of clinical studies. The hiring team is looking for a seasoned PC who has managed multiple ongoing scientific projects/grants and/or clinical trials. The successful applicant will have excellent time management and communication skills, as the PC will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to deliver quality results.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Work cross-functionally with other Guardant Health departments (such as Medical Affairs, Technology Development, Research Operations, Bioinformatics, Legal, Client Services) to ensure that clinical studies are initiated, approved, and executed per established protocols.
- Lead the internal and external coordination of investigator sponsored trials (ISTs) and other clinical studies in support of the research and development objectives of the company.
- Coordinate the operational logistics of biospecimen collection and subsequent sample testing.
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status with all participants.
- Track timelines and deliverables to meet projected milestones and deadlines.
- Identify barriers to timely and successful study execution and propose solutions to the same.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop and execute comprehensive action plans.
- Effectively communicate with external Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and Investigators participating in Guardant Health’s clinical studies program.
- Drive the execution of study contracts and budgets between the Investigative team and the Guardant Health legal team.
- Maintain an understanding of molecularly targeted therapies in oncology and a working knowledge of genomic alterations in different cancers.
- Manage expenses according to Guardant Health policies. Create Purchase Orders, receive, review, file and track invoices and facilitate payment in conjunction with the finance team.
- Opportunity to participate in data review and manuscript preparation, in conjunction with others as needed.
- Other duties as required for this position.
- 2+ years of strategic project management experience in Pharmaceutical, Biotech, academia, or CRO company is preferred.
- Clinical experience, such as oncology, cancer center, inpatient or outpatient or physician office setting a plus
- Solid organizational and business assessment skills is required
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive working relationships with individuals and teams internally and externally
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Oncology therapeutic knowledge a plus
- Flexible and solution seeking attitude
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 5% of the time.
- Must have excellent knowledge of MS Office as well as project management software
- Driven to make a positive impact in cancer diagnosis and treatment
- Detail oriented with an appetite to drive tasks to completion
- Ability to work well in a rapid-pace startup environment
- Ability to work well in a group
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in science or health-related discipline
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please visit our career page at: http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.