Staff Research Associate, LUNAR
- 505 Penobscot Dr, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant Health Oncology Platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum. Guardant Health has launched liquid biopsy-based Guardant360 and GuardantOMNI tests for advanced stage cancer patients and LUNAR assay for research use and for use in prospective clinical trials. In parallel, Guardant Health is actively exploring the performance of the LUNAR assay in initial studies related to screening and early detection in asymptomatic individuals.
To enable Guardant Health to lead the disruption of cancer treatments through non-invasive cancer screening, the Technology Development Team is seeking a highly motivated Staff Research Associate to help test and validate novel technologies for early detection and MRD with next-generation sequencing in a regulated environment. At Guardant, we leverage the most advanced technologies and work with leaders in many different fields to create the most impactful and meaningful technologies for cancer management.
As a Staff Research Associate in the LUNAR Technology Development Team, you will work with members within the team and interface with multiple teams including process engineering, clinical operations, research operations, and bioinformatics. You will be hands on in the lab and be required to design, implement, and validate new technologies related to liquid biopsy sequencing assays for the early detection, treatment, and monitoring of all cancer types.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be able to work in a team environment and independently to develop, test and validate technologies for NGS-based oncology diagnostics.
- Think creatively and apply knowledge to design experiments and analyze NGS data for applications in oncology diagnostics.
- Document product development requirements and validation results.
- Be highly committed and deliver results in a fast-paced, rigorous environment.
- Teach and mentor junior team members.
- Ph.D. with 0-1 years of industry experience in genomics or molecular biology is required.
- Strong background in molecular biology and nucleic acid chemistry is required.
- Strong track record of independent, self-directed research is required.
- Creativity and ability to design rigorous, hypothesis driven experiments are required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of NGS sample preparation and sequencing technologies is required.
- Excellent interdisciplinary communication skills including a demonstrated ability to document and communicate scientific data is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.