Scientist I or II, Lunar
- 505 Penobscot Dr, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
We believe conquering cancer is a big data problem. That’s why we built the world’s leading comprehensive liquid biopsy. This non-invasive tool for accessing and sequencing tumor DNA is used by thousands of oncologists to help tens of thousands of advanced cancer patients. We believe the boom in cancer data acquisition we helped launch will drive important discoveries and new products. We’re working on some exciting ones, including in early detection, where the impact on patients can be profound. We’ve raised more than $500 million from investors including Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, OrbiMed, and SoftBank.
To enable Guardant Health to lead the disruption of cancer treatments through non-invasive cancer screening, the Technology Development Team is seeking a highly motivated Scientist I-II to help test and validate novel technologies for early detection and MRD with next-generation sequencing in a regulated environment.
At Guardant, we leverage the most advanced technologies and work with leaders in many different fields to create the most impactful and meaningful technologies for cancer management.
As a Scientist I-II in the Technology Development Team, you will work with members within the team and interface with multiple teams including process engineering, clinical operations, research operations, and bioinformatics. You will be hands on in the lab and be required to design, implement, and validate new technologies related to liquid biopsy sequencing assays for the early detection, treatment, and monitoring of all cancer types.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Be able to work in a team environment and independently to develop, test and validate technologies for NGS-based oncology diagnostics. Think creatively and apply knowledge to design experiments and analyze NGS data for applications in oncology diagnostics. Document product development requirements and validation results. Be highly committed and deliver results in a fast-paced, rigorous environment. Teach and mentor junior team members.
- Ph.D. with 0-3 years of industry experience in genomics or molecular biology is required.
- Strong background in molecular biology and nucleic acid chemistry is required.
- Strong track record of independent, self-directed research is required.
- Creativity and ability to design rigorous, hypothesis driven experiments is required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of NGS sample preparation and sequencing technologies is required.
- Excellent interdisciplinary communication skills including a demonstrated ability to document and communicate scientific data is required.
- Experience with bioinformatics analysis of NGS datasets using R, Python IGV, is highly preferred.
- Experience developing clinically validated tests in a regulated environment, especially NGS-based tests, is highly preferred.
- Experience using and/or programming common laboratory automation platforms (Tecan or Hamilton) is preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.