Reporting Assistant II
- 505 Penobscot Dr, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory and reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 and GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence and early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 6,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies and all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
The Reporting Assistant (RA)II is responsible for assisting the reporting Clinical Laboratory Scientists (CLS) and supporting the daily operations of the post-analytical reporting process.The RA IIis responsible for preparing all preliminary reports, labeling folders, documenting controls for CLS review and assisting sample status in the Clinical Laboratory.
The nature of the work requires excellent attention to detail, effective written and verbal communication skills, the ability to multi-task and be flexible with tasks and schedules, and the ability to work independently in a team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the direct and constant supervision of the laboratory director or appropriately licensed individual:
- Support the CLSs with reporting of patient samples;
- Assist with sample tracking and notifying Client Services Department on sample status;
- Support IUO reporting activities;
- Use Laboratory Information System to upload data, document, monitor and change sample status;
- Monitor and ensure prompt turnaround time of samples;
- Prepare and organize preliminary reports for review;
- Retrieve data and assist with quality monitoring;
- File and organize all patient folders and files;
- Perform other miscellaneous operational duties as assigned and assist others as needed;
- Communicate professionally and effectively with both internal and external personnel;
- Support activities to aggregate data for metric tracking as needed; and
- Report all concerns of test quality and/or safety to the Laboratory Supervisor, Laboratory Director or Safety Officer.
The following duties may NOT be performed by unlicensed personnel:
- Recording of test results (however, may transcribe results that have been previously recorded, automatically by a testing instrument or manually by a physician or licensed individual);
- Performance of any test or part thereof that involves the quantitative measurement of the specimen, or test reagent, or any mathematical calculation to determine the results or the validity of a test procedure;
- Performance of any phase of testing in the specialty of immunohematology beyond the initial collection and centrifugation;
- Standardization or calibration of instruments or assessment of instrument performance by monitoring results of standards and controls; and
- Quantitative measurement of any sample or reagents unless done automatically by the instrument during its normal operation or using previously calibrated and approved automatic syringes or other dispensers.
- Minimum of Associate degree or equivalent required;
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Biomedical Laboratory Science, Clinical Science or related field preferred;
- At least one year of Guardant Health Clinical Laboratory experience or equivalent high complexity and volume laboratory experience preferred;
- Ability to proactively communicate consistently, clearly, and honestly;
- Strong computing skills;
- Previous laboratory work experience preferred;
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed;
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner; and
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment;
- Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment;
- May be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment; and
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please visit our career page at: http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/
#LI-PD1 #cancer #preventativemedicine #earlydetection #precisionmedicine #oncology #guardanthealth