International Accounting Manager
- 505 Broadway, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory and reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 and GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence and early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 6,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies and all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
The International Accounting Manager will serve a key role in a world-class finance team in a rapid growth environment. The finance team serves as trusted advisors for all our strategic and enterprise endeavors and works closely with business partners on a daily basis.
- Plan and coordinate global monthly, quarterly and annual close process
- Manage world-wide financial close calendar
- Co-ordinate with US and International teams for the preparation of the corporate monthly review package
- Manage the consolidation process including the recording of consolidating entries, reconciliation of inter-company and investment in subsidiary and other related transactions
- Maintain the integrity of the global chart of accounts
- Play a key role in ERP system implementation and its roll-out to international locations
- Responsible for validating system interfaces and troubleshooting consolidation general ledger issues
- Manage system change requests process through clear communication and work with IT resources to facilitate
- resolutions on close and reporting related issues
- Participate in the integration and re-engineering processes
- Identify and implement process improvements as part of continuous improvement initiatives
- Assist with quarterly reviews and annual audits conducted by external auditors
- Ensure SOX compliance by adhering to internal control requirements, maintaining updated documentation and providing recommendations as appropriate
- Business proficiency in Japanese a plus.
- Strong understanding and application of US GAAP on all major accounting areas and ensure compliance of processes to GAAP
- Active CPA license a plus, with a Masters in Accounting or MBA preferred
- Prior experience with consolidation in multi-currency environment in a known ERP (Oracle, SAP, Netsuite) required
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience to include 3 years for a “Big 4” public accounting firm
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Well-developed problem-solving skills combined with experience working with outside consultants in a positive and collaborative manner.
- Enjoys being ‘hands-on’ and taking ownership of processes
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, tolerance for uncertainty, and ability to be agile and adaptable.
- Ability to thrive in a creative, dynamic, fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects and resources effectively, while meeting deadlines and delivering quality work.
- Proven ability to work both independently and in a matrixed team environment, shifting between the role of an individual contributor, team player and project manager.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
#preventivemedicine #team #cancer #clinicaltrial #cancertreatment #hematology #cancertherapy #NGS
#GuardantHealth #PatientFirst #LiquidBiopsy #LUNAR #Eclipse #RealWorldEvidence #CDx #CompanionDiagnostics #biojobs #biotechjobs #biotechcareers #biocareers #pharmajobs #oncologyjobs #biotechbay #LI-CS1