Warehouse Manager (Clinical Laboratory /Research)
- 505 Penobscot Dr, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
We believe conquering cancer is a big data problem. That’s why we built the world’s leading comprehensive liquid biopsy. This non-invasive tool for accessing and sequencing tumor DNA is used by thousands of oncologists to help tens of thousands of advanced cancer patients. We believe the boom in cancer data acquisition we helped launch will drive important discoveries and new products. We’re working on some exciting ones, including in early detection, where the impact on patients can be profound. We’ve raised more than $500 million from investors including Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, OrbiMed, and SoftBank.
As a Warehouse Manager at Guardant Health, you’ll be responsible for assisting the Clinical Laboratory operations and Research Lab maintain the right levels of inventory.
In addition, you’ll act as a back-up for Facilities management support. This role requires excellent attention to detail, effective written and verbal communication skills, the ability to multi-task and be flexible with tasks and schedules, and the ability to work independently in a team environment.
You’ll manage a number of critical activities, such as:
- Management of all operational functions including; inbound, putaway, order fulfillment, outbound, Cycle Counts and inventory maintenance to ensure standardized operating procedures are being followed
- Daily, the various laboratories needs to be stocked up. Need to maintain the right level of inventory on hand at the various lab locations within the building
- Responsible for inbound & outbound logistics, follow up with carriers to ensure no bottle necks
- Maintain inventory related reporting to Finance & Supply Chain management team
- Active role in training, performance assessment, and disciplinary responsibilities
- Help identify and develop solutions for operational opportunities and process improvement
- Responsible for understanding internal and external customers and service level expectations
- Help drive change in culture towards lean and continuous improvement principles
- Performing other duties as assigned
You are an effective and proactive communicator who maintains open dialogue with colleagues across functions. An avid learner, you seek opportunities to grow and integrate developmental feedback you receive into your day-to-day. You’re reliable and resilient, are able to work in a team setting and add value to your teams.
You also have:
Strong leadership abilities to help guide team toward operational targets
Supervisory experience at a fast paced work environment
Effective communication skills with various business partners
High School Diploma required - Associate or Bachelors degree preferred
Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office expert with Excel, ERP Oracle or other system
Previous work experience in a lab preferred
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies up to 20 lbs and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.