Resident Site Manager - Powerhouse specialist - Golovnaya
- Somoni Street, Kulob, Tajikistan
Golovnaya HPP is a multi-purpose plant in the lower reach of the Vakhsh cascade with a small-capacity reservoir, concrete-face embankment dam, concrete dam with gated spillway, and powerhouse integrated in the concrete dam with six vertical-arrangement Kaplan turbine and close-coupled synchronous generator units and six bottom outlets. Units 3 to 6 discharge into the Vakhsh River. Units 1 and 2 discharge into the left-bank derivation canal irrigating the agricultural perimeter surrounding Kurgan-Tube on the South.
5 units of 40 MW will be rehabilitated and 2 block transformers, as well as both switchyards 110 and 220 kV in a separated contract.
The Resident Site Manager will be responsible to the Team Leader for:
- Carrying out detailed site supervision by the expert and team, acting under the Team Leader’s overall management.
- Issuing instructions to the contractors during the contract periods, approve payments, issue variation orders, prepare and submit reports as defined above.
- Witnessing Tests on commissioning and issuing the Operational Acceptance Certificates.
- Providing support to PMU during the Defect Liability Period and issue the Completion Certificate.
- Designing and delivering the IC’s capacity building programme for PMU staff with support from other visiting specialists such as the Contracts specialist
- Ensuring that the contractors provide adequate training to the Employer’s personnel under their contract
- Ensuring safety in the workplace.
The Resident Site Manager will have a university degree in electrical, mechanical or civil engineering from a reputable university. The expert shall have at least 15 years post graduate experience in the design and construction supervision of hydropower plants, at least 3 years of which should have involved supervision of the refurbishment of a hydropower plant of similar capacity to the Golovnaya plant. The expert should have wide experience in the mechanical, electrical and civil engineering aspects of similar projects as well as a comprehensive understanding of the operational significance of the rehabilitation process. The expert should be aware of the issues relating to the health and safety of personnel working in close proximity to operating plant.
The expert will manage the site support which is provided by the resident and visiting teams.
- About 15 years of experience in hydroelectric plant supervision.
- Experience in rehabilitation of hydro power stations
- Experience in the design and construction supervision of hydro power stations > 60 MW
- Fluent in English and Russian
- Electrical engineer