Safety and Environmental Coordinator
- 386 River Road, Claremont, NH, United States
- Organization: Canam Bridges
- Localisation: Claremont
- Position type: Office
- Travel: Occasionnaly - 1% à 10%
Canam Group specializes in designing and fabricating metal components for the North American construction industry. The Company is active in the sectors of buildings and infrastructure. Canam Group operates eight plants in Canada and the United States, as well as engineering offices in Canada, Romania and India and has over 2,675 employees.
Manage the overall safety, workers' compensation and environmental programs. Establish programs and goals to assure compliance with local, state, and federal agencies and to eliminate workplace injuries and illness in an effort to reduce costs, legal liability and avoid possible prosecution.
- Stay abreast of corporate and governmental regulatory agencies’ safety and environmental standards and requirements by attending training sessions, seminars, studying published material on compliance; use knowledge to develop and administer safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Perform safety and environmental audits, inspections, and accident/incident investigations, observe employee activities and workplace conditions, submit recommendations to management to correct deficiencies, eliminate hazards, and improve the overall program.
- Create, administer, and conduct related training programs by planning and scheduling training sessions and consulting specialists when necessary.
- Review safety statistics, accident reports, and safety audit results through team safety meetings with employees and management in order to solicit suggestions for improvement and make recommendations.
- Encourage employee participation in safety program through continual communication, close observation, and committee work. Recognize employees for exceptional safety efforts and present safety awards.
- Interpret federal/state/local government regulations to ensure compliance and coordinate with regulatory agencies to negotiate terms of compliance; complete applicable permits/reports.
- Prepare, review and submit reports regarding workers’ compensation program administration. Oversee all claims management in conjunction with third-party administrator.
- Performs other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
Safety sensitive position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety (related field) plus 1 – 3 years of related experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of safety principles and related government regulations.
- Experience in a safety-related job in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to teach others.
General office and constant exposure to computer display.
Canam Lean Innovation
Support the Canam Lean Initiative through active engagement and participation in continuous process improvement projects based in Lean Manufacturing Principles.
Participate in training and continuing education events to develop a working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles and build a consistent “Lean Way of Thinking”.
Assist in the collection of data, participate in Kaizen workshops and contribute to the implementation of solutions, replicate successful improvements, share lessons learned and provide feedback on opportunities for change that will further the continuous improvement process.
This is a safety-sensitive position. A safety-sensitive position has been defined as one where the employee’s responsibilities impact the health and safety of themselves, coworkers and/or the public (in this case the end-user of our product). All production and production support positions fall into this category.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as excellent opportunities for training and advancement.