Quality Control Coatings Inspector
- 386 River Road, Claremont, NH, United States
- Organization: Canam Bridges
- Localisation: Claremont
- Position type: Office
- Travel: No
Canam Group specializes in designing and fabricating metal components for the North American construction industry. The Company is active in the sectors of buildings and infrastructure. Canam Group operates eight plants in Canada and the United States, as well as engineering offices in Canada, Romania and India and has over 2,675 employees.
Responsible for verifying that the quality of work being performed meets the specifications and complies with any contract documents for the project. All work must be documented and inspection reports completed.
- Perform hold point inspections of surface preparation and coating work in accordance with the procedures of the Inspection Quality Manual.
- Analyze, revise and make recommendations to process.
- Adhere to requirements regarding proper use of equipment and perform inspections.
- Complete project documentation and record-keeping in accordance with the procedures of the Inspection Quality Manual.
- Note all non-executed processes of inspection.
- Inspect product for quality assurance standards using current methodology and techniques.
- Communicate routinely throughout the day with production leads, supervisors, and Quality Control Manager.
- Provide technical and operation support or services to ensure quality assurance standards are met in providing support to various project tasks.
- Assess and train new employees as necessary.
- Assist other employees in the performance of their duties as necessary.
- Perform other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Possess NACE CIP Certification I, II or III or similar.
- Possess math skills in imperial and metric systems.
- Read measuring tape, add and subtract simple fractions and decimals.
- Read and interpret work orders, job specification sheets and approved shop drawings.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision and as a team member.
- Lift up to 60 lbs.
- Read and speak English.
- Experience in structural steel operations preferred.
- HS Diploma (preferred).
Regularly required to stand; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Frequently required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. Frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
General office and constant exposure to computer display.
Canam Lean Innovation
Support the Canam Lean Initiative through active engagement and participation in continuous process improvement projects based in Lean Manufacturing Principles.
Participate in training and continuing education events to develop a working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles and build a consistent “Lean Way of Thinking”.
Assist in the collection of data, participate in Kaizen workshops and contribute to the implementation of solutions, replicate successful improvements, share lessons learned and provide feedback on opportunities for change that will further the continuous improvement process.
This is a safety-sensitive position. A safety-sensitive position has been defined as one where the employee’s responsibilities impact the health and safety of themselves, coworkers and/or the public (in this case the end-user of our product). All production and production support positions fall into this category.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as excellent opportunities for training and advancement.