- 1739 Drew Rd, Mississauga, ON L5S 1J5, Canada
- Organization: Canam Group
- Localisation: Mississauga
- Position type: Manufacturing/Driver
- Travel: No
Canam Group specializes in designing and fabricating metal components for the North American construction industry. The Company is active in the sectors of buildings and infrastructure. Canam Group operates eight plants in Canada and the United States, as well as engineering offices in Canada, Romania and India and has over 2,675 employees.
As the primary Receiver for most incoming goods, this role requires you to demonstrate efficient planning and communication skills. An experienced forklift and overhead crane operator, you will test your skills safely moving materials throughout the facility. You will complete appropriate paperwork to ensure accurate receiving details are available to purchasing, inventory management and accounting staff.
- Receive paint, welding wire, steel coils, wood, strapping and miscellaneous products from a supplier;
- Deliver materials to the appropriate area within our facility;
- Take inventory of paint, miscellaneous items on a regular basis to maintain adequate supply;
- Operate overhead crane while ensuring proper slinging techniques are employed to safely receive and stage steel coils, rollformer paint, etc.;
- Operate forklift to receive and deliver materials to proper area of shop and/or maintenance department;
- Operate forklift to pick up bridging as required, and to enter bridging production into a computer;
- Operate stair climber to deliver paper and other materials to second-floor offices;
- Prepare waste for shipment including hazardous waste, scrap drums, strapping, trash;
- Drive to suppliers’ locations for just-in-time pickups of parts and supplies;
- May be assigned to assist in the yard when required;
- May shunt trailers around yard as required;
- Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Position requires significant crane and forklift experience in an industrial setting;
- Flexibility and patience to handle multiple requests;
- Ability to work at a pace established by production standards;
- Demonstrated time management and organization skills to handle multiple priorities;
- Ability to read and sign paperwork, and enter information into computer;
- Position is subject to temperature extremes while receiving materials based on outdoor temperature;
- Position requires at least a “G” license. Would be a definite asset if previous experience includes shunting trucks or possess AZ license;
- Good command of English is a must to interact with delivery drivers and suppliers’ personnel.
We offer a competitive compensation and paid benefits package including pension plan, profit-sharing, and uniforms. Regular increases as negotiated in the collective bargaining agreement.
Canam Group Inc. appreciates your interest in this position. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Canam Group Inc. is committed to providing employment accommodation. If you require accommodation to apply, or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) needed.