Crane Operator (afternoon shift)
- 1739 Drew Rd, Mississauga, ON L5S 1J5, Canada
- Organization: Canam Group
- Localisation: Mississauga
- Position type: Manufacturing/Driver
Canam Group specializes in designing and fabricating metal components for the North American construction industry. The Company is active in the sectors of buildings and infrastructure. Canam Group operates eight plants in Canada and the United States, as well as engineering offices in Canada, Romania and India and has over 2,675 employees.
The Crane Operator is responsible for operating overhead and wall cranes to service the production lines.
- Operate crane on a constant basis, ensuring proper slinging techniques are used, to supply all lines in the jig department with the necessary WIP/materials, and move materials in/out of the preparation or production area.
- Sort steel by size and gauge to ensure delivery to proper area within the shop.
- May receive steel loads arriving on afternoon shift.
- Practice good housekeeping and time management in the performance of daily duties.
- Comply with all legislated and company health, safety and environmental policies, procedures and programs.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Must be available to work afternoon shift Monday to Friday, be available for weekend work as needed.
- Significant crane experience to place material in tight places.
- Knowledge of various types and sizes of steel in order to sort properly.
- Ability to read job requisitions.
- Flexibility and patience to handle multiple requests at the same time and the ability to work at a pace established by production standards.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are required to interact with other team members.
- Physical ability to climb onto steel bundles to secure products for movement with crane or to break bundles down to move individual pieces.
The ability to stand continuously is essential with frequent walking and occasional sitting. The nature of the position will require the employee to perform a wide range of physical activities ranging from pushing and pulling, lifting and carrying heavy objects (50 lbs.) to climbing, crouching, kneeling, bending and handling. Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
Constant exposure to a steel fabrication environment. Constantly works with moving cranes.
Canam Group Inc. offers a competitive hourly rate of $24.33, afternoon shift premium ($1.00/hr), a benefits package including medical, dental and pension plan, and uniforms are supplied. We have a profit-sharing plan for all of our employees.
Canam Group Inc. appreciates your interest in this position. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Canam Group Inc. is committed to providing employment accommodation. If you require accommodation to apply, or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) needed.