- 1739 Drew Rd, Mississauga, ON L5S 1J5, Canada
- Organization: Canam Group
- Localisation: Mississauga
- Position type: Office
- Travel: Sometimes - 10% to 20%
Canam Group specializes in designing and fabricating metal components for the North American construction industry. The Company is active in the sectors of buildings and infrastructure. Canam Group operates eight plants in Canada and the United States, as well as engineering offices in Canada, Romania and India and has over 2,675 employees.
Under the direction of a Senior Lean Agent, identify projects to optimize process performance, facilitate organizational transformation projects according to the Lean continuous improvement culture and assist the various teams involved. Demonstrate a commitment to Health and Safety Excellence and improvement. Serve as a Lean Manufacturing champion for the Mississauga operations.
- Support teams to identify, develop and implement continuous improvement programs in productivity and 5S culture, such as work simplification, labour balancing, bottleneck management, process changes or improvements in methods or equipment;
- Participate in change driven from Lean initiatives such as Kaizen workshops, SMEDs, 5S;
- Provide Lean training to new and existing employees;
- Facilitate working sessions aimed at problem solving;
- Assist in developing action plans and supporting supervisors with the changes to be implemented;
- Monitor budgets and schedules related to projects;
- Ensure safe work practices and compliance with health and safety policies and procedures;
- Participate in continuous improvement activities at other Canam facilities, as needed;
- Perform administrative activities necessary for the effective management of the function, including reports and presentations;
- Perform other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Strong understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles and tools, Green Belt certification is a plus;
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline would be an asset;
- Workshop facilitation knowledge;
- Advanced computer skills in Google Suite or Microsoft Office;
- Problem-solving and root cause identification skills;
- Efficient at managing time in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal;
- Flexibility with scheduling;
- Skilled communicator and attentive listener;
- Bilingualism (English and French) would be an asset.
Canam Group Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including pension and profit-sharing plans, and supports professional development.
At this time, consideration will be given to candidates already located within commuting distance to Mississauga, ON.
Canam Group Inc. appreciates your interest in this position. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Canam Group Inc. is committed to providing employment accommodation. If you require accommodation to apply, or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) needed.