- 386 River Road, Claremont, NH, États-Unis
- Organization: Canam Bridges
- Localisation: Claremont
- Position type: Office
Canam Group specializes in designing and fabricating metal components for the North American construction industry. The Company is active in the sectors of buildings and infrastructure. Canam Group operates eight plants in Canada and the United States, as well as engineering offices in Canada, Romania and India and has over 2,675 employees.
Responsible for purchasing materials, (including raw materials) parts, supplies, and equipment following established purchasing policies and procedures and optimizes price, delivery and terms. The incumbent does not become involved in the development of specifications and is primarily buying off-the-shelf items. Provide administrative support for the functional areas in traffic. Answer phones and directs callers accordingly. Function as a direct point of contact for customers, drivers, contract carriers and division employees in various departments.
- Review purchase requisitions for proper authorization.
- Identify potential suppliers and issue requests for quotations.
- Analyze and select suppliers, issue purchase orders in Oracle and SPM; follow up and expedite as necessary.
- Process requests for service on equipment.
- Locate raw material needed to fill material shortages for project to keep production moving in the shop.
- Process monthly steel inventory forecast.
- Work closely with Accounts Payable with pricing issues ie: over billing and credits
- Create and maintain filing systems affecting all areas of shipping including DOT Regs and contracts.
- Assist the department manager with the methods and procedures for transport of raw materials and finished product to the customers.
- Assist with the scheduling of shipments and communicate with affected departments and PM.
- Communicate with shipping locations outlining the specific compliance instructions.
- Take pictures of outgoing loads and log them as required.
- As requested by supervisor, may be required to deliver small loads or make pick-ups at local vendors.
- Perform day-to-day filing and some dispatch functions for shipping office.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in an effective manner with customers, co-workers, clients and supervisors.
- Perform other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Track cost verse PO, Approve invoices for payment
- Experience with permitting process for overweight and oversize load. Canam routinely ships pieces in excess of 140’ long, 12’ wide and over 50 tons to NYC and other major metropolitan areas
- Education - minimum of college degree or equivalent experience in business related activities.
- Must possess a high degree of integrity and the ability to analyze a variety of problems resulting from the diversified nature of items purchased.
- Require mature judgment and initiative and the ability to interface well with other internal departments and with outside suppliers.
- Experience in dispatching (shipping and eeceiving)
- PC skills including MS Word and MS Excel minimum or Google Suite Docs and Sheets.
- Experience with inventory, shipping, receiving and production software preferred.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
Generally seated work with regular periods required to stand; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Routinely required to balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. Seldom required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
General office and constant exposure to computer display. Daily interaction with yard loaders, truck drivers and production managers/supervisors. Occasionally in the fabrication facility where incumbent may be exposed to welding fumes, paint fumes and loud noise.
Canam Lean Innovation
Support the Canam Lean Initiative through active engagement and participation in continuous process improvement projects based in Lean Manufacturing Principles.
Participate in training and continuing education events to develop a working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles and build a consistent “Lean Way of Thinking”.
Assist in the collection of data, participate in Kaizen workshops and contribute to the implementation of solutions, replicate successful improvements, share lessons learned and provide feedback on opportunities for change that will further the continuous improvement process.
This is a safety-sensitive position. A safety-sensitive position has been defined as one where the employee’s responsibilities impact the health and safety of themselves, coworkers and / or the public (in this case the end-user of our product). All production and production support positions fall into this category.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as excellent opportunities for training and advancement.