Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (Learning & Teaching)
- Primary Location (Campus): Nathan Campus
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department ID: Professional Development - GIQ
- Appointment Type: Continuing
Griffith University is a progressive, values-led university dedicated to learning, leadership, and innovation. This is your chance to help us achieve our vision to transform lives and add to human knowledge and understanding in a way that creates a future that benefits all.
Since opening in 1975, Griffith has grown from one campus and 451 students to become a comprehensive, multi-campus institution, with 50,000 students and more than 200,000 graduates.
This role is located in Learning Futures/Griffith Online, which is the central learning and teaching support unit at Griffith University. You will be joining a diverse group of diverse group of learning and teaching professionals, including educational design, learning media, micro-credentials and professional development.
As a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (Learning & Teaching), you will support the delivery of our professional development program and contribute to enhancing the quality of teaching at Griffith.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Design and deliver innovative future-focused professional development in learning and teaching to meet the emerging needs of Griffith's learning and teaching priorities.
- Support academic staff to provide engaging curriculum and learning environments, using technology-enhanced learning strategies as well as authentic learning and assessment practices.
- Contribute to high-quality impactful scholarship in learning and teaching.
- Work collaboratively across Academic groups and other internal stakeholders.
We are looking to fill up to two teaching-focused positions at either Lecturer or Senior Lecturer, depending on experience. These are full-time continuing positions based at Nathan campus. Griffith is a multi-campus university and therefore it is understood that this role will work across campuses as required.
To be successful in this role, you will be highly committed to teaching excellence and evidence-based teaching practice.
You will hold a doctoral or masters qualification of equivalent accreditation and standing and/or significant progress towards completion of a doctoral degree. The achievement of a fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (Associate Fellow, Fellow or Senior Fellow) is desirable.
In addition, you will demonstrate:
- experience in teaching and learning at undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels, across a range of teaching modes.
- excellence in teaching, including the ability to deliver high-quality learning experience to students.
- experience in, or capacity to, the design of innovative curriculum, assessment and teaching activity.
- capacity to undertake high quality scholarship of learning and teaching.
- effective communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively across diverse stakeholders in ways that contribute to a positive culture.
Why join Griffith?
As a values-led organisation, at Griffith University, we've worked hard to create a dynamic and strong organisational culture. We support the professional and personal development of all our employees and invest in the skills of our people. We offer:
- Flexible working options and a supportive work environment.
- Salary packaging options and corporate health discounts.
- Generous leave entitlements, including paid parental leave and leave loading.
- Support with future learning opportunities through our educational staff assistance scheme.
Griffith University values diversity, inclusion and flexibility and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply. For more information please visit our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion page.