International Relations Officer
- 170 Kessels Rd, Nathan QLD 4111, Australia
- Appointment Type: Continuing
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department ID: International Partnerships - GPG
- Primary Location (Campus): Nathan Campus
Creating a brighter future for all
Griffith University is a progressive, values-led university dedicated to learning, leadership, and innovation. This is your chance to help us achieve our vision to transform lives and add to human knowledge and understanding in a way that creates a future that benefits all.
Since opening in 1975, Griffith has grown from one campus and 451 students to become a comprehensive, multi-campus institution, with 50,000 students and more than 200,000 graduates.
This position supports the coordination of international delegation visits and strategic agent engagement events. It also supports the development of international partnership agreements and strategic communications, including high-level briefing documents, to profile the University’s global partnerships and academic and research strengths internationally.
This is a full time, continuing position based at the Griffith University Nathan campus.
The successful applicant will:
- Hold relevant tertiary qualifications with a bachelor’s degree in a-related discipline or equivalent combination of training, knowledge, and experience, preferably gained within the higher education sector.
- Have demonstrated experience in event management with strong attention to detail.
- Experience in facilitating of partnership agreements and the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and understanding of relevant regulations and policies.
- Exceptional written, oral, and cross-cultural communication skills, particularly when interacting with diverse clientele and working in culturally diverse and international contexts,
- Strong management, organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of university database systems, and a high level of competence in the use of contract management systems, such as ConvergePoint, and other MS applications is highly desirable.
The salary for HEW Level 5 is in the range $70,491 - $79,079 per annum, plus 17% employer superannuation. The total package is in the range $82,475 - $92,523 per annum.
Why join Griffith?
As a values-led organisation, at Griffith University, we've worked hard to create a dynamic and strong organisational culture. We support the professional and personal development of all our employees and invest in the skills of our people. We offer:
- Mix of on campus and work from home options available and a supportive work environment.
- Salary packaging options and corporate health discounts.
- Generous leave entitlements including paid parental leave and leave loading.
- Support with future learning opportunities through our educational staff assistance scheme.
Griffith University values diversity, inclusion and flexibility and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply. For more information please visit our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion page.
How to apply
Please submit your application online and ensure your application includes the following:
- A covering statement outlining your suitability for the role (please refer to the position description: HERE)
- Current curriculum vitae, including name and contact details.
Obtain the position description by clicking on the Apply button. You will be redirected to the Griffith University job search page where you will be able to access the position description.
Applicants must have unrestricted work rights.
Successful candidates may be subject to a criminal history check.
For further information about this role, please contact Ms Michelle Craig, Coordinator, Agreements and Delegations on 0409 588 313, or [email protected]
For application queries, please contact Jake Barwick, Talent Acquisition Partner- Central on +61 (0) 7 5552 7376.
For application support, please contact People Services on +61 (0) 7 3735 4011.
Closing date: Sunday, 27 November 2022 at 5 pm AEST. All applications must be submitted online.