- 56 Locke Street, Warwick, QLD, Australia
- Department ID: Griffith Health Clinics - GHC
- Primary Location (Campus): Off Campus Location
- Appointment Type: Fixed Term
- Employment Type: Full Time
The School of Medicine and Dentistry
As the first new dental school in almost 60 years the School of Medicine and Dentistry offers a unique suite of degree programs, including Australia's first Dental Technology program at University level. We lead the way in delivering innovative oral health programs focused on comprehensive patient care delivered through the teamwork of dentists, oral health therapists and dental technologists.
About the Opportunity
We are currently looking for a General Dentist to be responsible for high quality general dental care for patients at the Griffith University Warwick Dental Clinic.
Based on site at our Warwick facility, this multifaceted role will provide outstanding learning opportunities to Griffith dental students and will play an integral role in the development and operation of the clinic, establishing its position as part of the Warwick and Granite Belt communities.
The core focus of the role will be to provide supervision of undergraduate fifth year students undertaking comprehensive patient care across all disciplines at the level of a General Dental Practitioner.
This is full time, fixed term position for one (1) year based at the Griffith University Warwick Dental Clinic. It is expected that the successful candidate will be available to attend the location in person as a normal requirement of the role.
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
To be successful within this role, you will demonstrate:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of general dental practice
- Eligibility for full General Dentist registration with AHPRA
- The ability to work independently as a solo practitioner
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in training, supervision of dental students or a similar role involving working with dental students in a clinical environment
- Working knowledge of current infection control procedures and protocols.
- Understanding of the relevant legislative requirements for dentistry in Queensland / Australia
How to Apply
Please submit your application online and ensure your application includes the following:
- A cover letter outlining your suitability for the role (please refer to the position description: PD_GeneralDentist)
- Current curriculum vitae/resume including full contact details
Applicants must have unrestricted work rights for the duration of this appointment.
Why Join Griffith?
- Flexible working options and genuine work-life balance
- Salary packaging options and corporate health discounts
- Generous leave entitlements including paid parental leave and leave loading
- Support with future learning opportunities through our educational staff assistance scheme
Griffith University values diversity, inclusion and flexibility and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply. For more information please visit our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion page.
Griffith's strategic goals are to also increase the proportion of women in senior academic and administrative roles and in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM).
For position-related queries, please contact Professor Robert Love, Dean of Dentistry on [email protected]
For general and application queries, please contact Max Sheehan, Talent Acquisition Partner on [email protected]
Wednesday 19 October 2022 at 5:00pm AEST. All applications must be submitted online.