Veterinary Rotating Internship - Veterinary Referral Hospital
A special opportunity has opened up for new and recent graduates to join our rotating intern program for 2023. This is an exciting chance to join our team and participate in an amazing learning experience!
VRH is a purpose-built, world class facility with modern sophisticated equipment and over 80 clinical and support staff, all focussed on providing world class patient care in a supportive, learning environment.
Commencing in early 2023, the Veterinary Rotating Internship provides the opportunity for Veterinarians (both recent graduates and experienced) to advance your knowledge and gain skills in key aspects of the veterinary industry. For those wanting to specialise, this Rotating Internship is designed to expose interns to a range of specialist roles and start the journey towards specialization in your chosen field.
What To Expect
We are offering 12 – 18 -month fixed term Rotating Internship in a truly multi-disciplinary referral hospital which includes rotations in:
Emergency and Critical Care l Imaging l Medicine l Oncology l Neurology l Surgery | Anaesthesia
The internship is designed and overseen by our team of specialists and provides constant exposure to best practice veterinary care in a supportive, collegiate environment. You will also become a member of the burgeoning VRH family with a growing network throughout the industry.
Interns are scheduled to work a flexible roster based on the needs of each Department, which can include a mix of day and night shifts, weekend work and some public holidays. Working under supervision, you will constantly engage directly with the specialists. Weekly presentations, tutorials and journal clubs help support your learning. The writing of papers will be encouraged and supported as part of progressing your career. Notwithstanding your previous experience, the internship is a genuine learning opportunity and as such you will not be expected to take primary responsibility for patients, aside from the rotations in ECC.
Why should you join the VRH Team?
We can offer:
- Continuing Education throughout your employment, including face-face learning options, e-learning and our symposium VIN and Veterinary Journals
- Specialist mentorship in interesting and varied roles, providing the basis for an application for specialist internships or external residency positions
- A friendly, accessible and supportive team who cares not just about your career, but also your health and wellbeing
- Consultation Coaching. We provide ongoing training sessions in the art of customer service and client communication.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program, LifeWorks 24/7