Embedded Software Engineer
- Chem. de Maillefer, Le Mont-sur-Lausanne, Switzerland
Based in Switzerland, Green Motion SA is a renowned and rapidly growing international company that has been pioneering the design and production of charging systems for electric vehicles since 2009. It manufactures charging stations, designs management software for charging networks, operates charging stations and serves as an electric mobility service provider. Green Motion creates breakthrough technologies, including charging stations for electric planes and onboard chargers for the automobile industry.
Green Motion SA operates its own network of charging stations under the “evpass” brand. evpass has become Switzerland’s most extensive network as well as the leading EV charging hub in Europe. The charging stations produced by Green Motion SA are entirely designed and engineered in Switzerland. Since March 2021, Green Motion is a subsidiary of Eaton.
For more information, visit https://www.GreenMotionEV.com
To strengthen our Hardware R&D team in Le Mont-sur-Lausanne, we have created a new position as an:
Embedded Software Engineer 100%
Reporting to our Head of Hardware Engineering, you will be in charge to manage development and life-cycle management of our embedded Linux software system. You will participate in the full development process of new product from design to the system validation.
- Design embedded software for System on Modules on Linux
- Develop features in accordance with the specifications
- Write code and implement various subsystem and networking in our IoT products
- Specify and implement communication protocol with vehicles
- Maintain the required quality in embedded system and firmware’s versioning
- Ensure testing of the solution with functional, continuous integration and non-regression tests
- Contribute to the continuous development and quality optimisation in all our products
- Higher education in embedded software or in electronics
- Min. 3 years’ experience as Embedded Software Engineer
- Experience in Real-time Operating Systems (RTOS) and in low-level embedded software architecture and design
- Experience in Embedded Linux and YOCTO is a strong asset
- Experience in validation and verification of software system
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and adapt into a fast paced/ever changing environment.
- Fluent in English and French
- A unique opportunity to evolve in a growing company and develop professional skills
- Collaborate in a young and dynamic team
- Work in an environment that’s equally demanding and exciting, combining advanced technology with innovation and sustainability
- Express your talents through our cutting-edge products (charging infrastructure for electric vehicles)