- Upshur Ave, Quantico, VA, United States
Green Cell Consulting provides a host of professional services that enable government and private organizations to understand themselves and their operating environment. These services include the following:
- Education and Training
- Information Technology Support Services
- Program and Project Management
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The CA/CMO/IO Instructor is a subject matter expert and is expected to remain current with civil affairs (CA), CMO and IO doctrine, training and readiness standards, Mission Essential Tasks List/METL, and emerging concepts. The CA/CMO/IO Instructor understands conceptual, functional and detailed planning and the development, usage, and analysis of civil factors affecting MAGTF operations to support training. The CA/CMO/IO Instructor reports to the Project Manager (PM).
The billet requires the following duties and responsibilities:
- Serve as a Primary or Assistant Instructor and a Civil Affairs/CMO/IO Subject Matter Expert
- Contribute to CAO, CMO and/or Stabilization-related doctrine review.
- Contribute Subject Matter Expertise (SME) and curriculum development support during Course Content Review Boards.
- Work in cooperation with the MCCMOS Academic Officer and/or Staff; support regarding areas of expertise.
- Identify and submit external resource course support request to the PM.
- Mentor / facilitate students through the course materials and practical applications.
- Develop and maintain master lesson files.
- Create and maintain lesson plans and student handouts.
- Create and maintain course media and supporting instructional products.
- Provide appropriate and knowledgeable instruction in each class presented.
- Submit After Instruction Reports for each period of instruction.
- Conduct instructor evaluations.
- Provide After Action Review comments for each course.
- Completes annual training and professional requirements (e.g. RSO/OIC, PME, etc.) established by the MCCMOS and / or PM
Education and Experience
- Experience serving in a billet during the conduct of Civil-Military Operations, Humanitarian Assistance / Disaster Relief Operations, Counter-Insurgency Operations or Stability Operations
- Awarded the Civil Affairs, PSYOP, CMO Planner, or Military Advisor MOS/s.
- Instructor experience/qualification. Senior Instructor certification is preferable
- Marine Corps curriculum developer certification is desirable
- Joint Humanitarian Operations Course (JHOC) or Humanitarian Assistance Respons Training (HART) certification is desirable
- MCTIMS experience is desirable
- The ideal candidate is a former Marine CA, CMO Planner, PSYOP, IO Planner or Military Advisor who has MAGTF operational experience and two years of instructor experience
- Bachelor’s Degree desired; Area of study compatible with CMO training, Political Science, International Affairs, etc. Preference is given to those who have attended Professional Military Education appropriate to rank at time of separation or retirement from the uniformed service
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Able to design and write clear communications and deliver effective platform instruction.
- Proficient in computer applications such as Windows and MS Office
- Familiarity with current trends, doctrine, and systems in use by the Civil Affairs Community across the spectrum of operations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus
- Daily travel in local area during work day (including use of personal vehicle)
- Required to occasionally work outdoors during all four seasons to evaluate students during field exercises
- Ability to obtain or have a security clearance
- Requires 0% - 5% travel
- Anticipated Date of Availability: July 2020
Green Cell is a Drug-Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All hiring decisions are based on nondiscriminatory factors without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, or status as a disabled veteran or other protected veteran, or any other class protected by law. In addition, Green Cell engages in affirmative action efforts, where appropriate, to employ, train and promote qualified minorities, women, the disabled, disabled veterans, newly separated veterans or other protected veterans. This organization participates in E-Verify. If you require assistance applying for any currently open online position, please contact a Green Cell representative. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.