Donor Communications Specialist
- 601 Erieside Ave, Cleveland, OH
At Great Lakes Science Center, we make science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) come alive to feed the inner sense of curiosity for guests of all ages. We believe in the value of using real scientific challenges through opportunities to invent, design, tinker and create to encourage curiosity and experimentation. The Science Center remains committed to developing informal science education programs that inspire young minds, improve STEM literacy and cultivate the creative, critical thinkers who will shape the future of Northeast Ohio.
The Donor Communications Specialist will work with the Vice President of Development and Director of Corporate Relations and Grants Management in researching, recognizing and stewarding donors of the Great Lakes Science Center. In addition, the Specialist will manage the development communications resources and draft donor correspondence.
- Support all proposal writing including content creation, copy editing, data collection, report formatting, etc.
- Assist team members with prospect and grant research
- Manage tracking of all submission and report deadlines
- Create and submit general education proposals
- Support in-kind donor requests
- Serve as a liaison with other departments to ensure funders are receiving all benefits of their investment.
- Input and track donor interactions in Raiser’s Edge database
- Create, draft and manage donor impact pieces, correspondence and e-newsletters for the development team
- Aid team members with fundraising/donor events, as requested
- Aid with making collateral or day of materials including but not limited to registration lists, event
- Communicate needs across departments for corporate partner and grantor events.
- Other duties and additional support as required for Development events and GLSC-wide activities
Education and Work Experience Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ degree preferred.
- Strong analytical skills including Raisers Edge database management, data entry processes and reporting experience.
- Experience in a Development office setting or non-profit writing background preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications (K/S/A):
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.\Must be sensitive to confidential nature of member and donor information.
- High level of critical thinking and problem solving skills necessary for troubleshooting.
- Ability to verify and correct work before submitting, to ensure accuracy.
- Self-starter and goal-oriented, to be able to work at a self-directed pace.
- Accurate typing skills necessary for data entry.
- Able to establish priorities, work independently and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to interact and work effectively with donors, volunteers and colleagues