- Cleveland, OH
At Great Lakes Science Center, we make science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) come alive to feed the inner sense of curiosity for guests of all ages. We believe in the value of using real scientific challenges through opportunities to invent, design, tinker and create to encourage curiosity and experimentation. The Science Center remains committed to developing informal science education programs that inspire young minds, improve STEM literacy and cultivate the creative, critical thinkers who will shape the future of Northeast Ohio.
- Provide superb front-line customer service.
- Make reservations for programming and events, including: field trips, group visits, camps, birthday parties, workshops, member events, DOME Theater, general admission and Steamship William G. Mather using Outbound and Ultracamp software.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and in-depth understanding of all Science Center events, programs, exhibits and policies.
- Answer telephone calls, emails and other guest inquiries regarding reservations, memberships, programming and events.
- Assist with reporting and related tasks.
- Process invoice and billing information and distribute registration confirmations.
- Communicate new reservation information to various departments as needed.
- Work to increase sales and revenue though membership sales and add-on attractions and programs.
- Complete sales calls and emails.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills, particularly written and verbal tasks.
- Honest, reliable, customer focused and courteous individual with initiative who enjoys working in a fast-paced and fun environment.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and solve problems.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Minimum 2 years customer service experience preferred.
- Knowledge of registration, ticketing software and Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Candidate must be able to work closely and effectively with the general public, educational community and Science Center staff while being friendly and outgoing.
Reservationists provide superb front-line customer service while efficiently and accurately completing reservations for all Science Center programs and events. Reservationists are able to communicate information on a wide variety of programming to our guests, group leaders and members. They work to encourage add-ons (membership sales, workshops, additional attractions) in order to up-sell reservations. Accuracy in reservation, record keeping and organization is a must. Reservationists may also participate in cross training with box office staff to assist during busy times as necessary. Evening and weekend work may occasionally be required.