Manufacturing Assembler / Trailer Builder
- Jonesboro, AR, USA
Our commitment to building superior products and fulfilling customer needs has taken us from a small steel-fabricating company to the leading trailer manufacturer in the world. Celebrating over 100 years in business, Great Dane has built an enviable reputation as an industry leader in technology, innovation, and quality. Our dry vans and refrigerated and platform trailers are widely recognized throughout the marketplace as No. 1 in quality and durability.
Headquartered in Chicago, IL, Great Dane has additional corporate offices in Savannah, GA, a parts distribution center, and multiple strategically located manufacturing plants throughout the U.S. In addition, our extensive network of company-owned branches, full-line independent dealers and parts-only independent dealers offer distribution points for both Trailers and Aftermarket parts across North and South America.
Assemblers perform multiple tasks using a variety of hand-held tools and manufacturing equipment in the production of semi-trailers. Primary functions will include building and/or attaching component assemblies, to be installed as parts of a larger 53' Tractor Trailer product, on a moving production line or in supporting areas that are relatively stationary. Specific duties, as well as the tools, materials, and equipment used may vary from department to department. Functions may also vary within a department based on specific tasks and types of materials to be assembled as directed by a Team Leader or Production Supervisor.
· Competently operates various hand-held pneumatic and electric power tools and other machinery including, but not limited to, drills, drivers (screws and fasteners), riveters (pistol grip, pop riveters, mashers and squeezers), impact/torque wrenches, nut runners, saws and grinders.
· Works with various building materials including, but not limited to, steel, aluminum, wood, fiberglass, composite materials, hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals, small fasteners and fittings, adhesives and oil-based products.
· Competently operates a variety of material handling equipment to include cranes, forklifts, hand/powered carts, trailer caddies, or by carrying material by hand as tasked. Must maintain proper certifications.
· Maintains a clean work area, including machines, tools, equipment, and storage areas.
· Performs other routine duties as needed, including all required inspections.
· Observes all safety and security procedures and policies while performing required tasks.
· Must be able to do heavy lifting of up to 50 pounds without mechanical assistance and, if the task requires it, multiple times daily in an 8 to 12 hour shift.
· Must have the ability to see, hear, sit, walk, bend, reach, grasp, stoop, kneel, twist, crawl, carry, climb steps, work overhead or at heights, and push/pull up to 50 pounds.
· Must have the ability to stand and move about on concrete 8 to 12 hours a day, if needed, based on shift requirements.
· GED or high school diploma is preferred.
· Previous assembly experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
Great Dane Jonesboro normally operates on a 4 day schedule, Monday through Thursday, with occasional Friday or Saturday work as production needs dictate. Our 1st shift typically begins at either 5:00am/6:00am, and ends at either 3:30pm/4:30pm, based on individual department schedules. Our 2nd shift typically begins at 5:00pm and ends at 3:30am. Some departments may work beyond these hours as needed. Please indicate your availability for either shift when applying.
A favorable background screen, drug screen, and proof of work authorization in the United States is required for employment.
We offer a competitive wage and benefits package that includes a variety of insurance packages, paid vacation/holidays, a quarterly gainsharing bonus program, 401k, and a pension program. Starting wage for the Production Assembler position is $12.75/hour with a shift premium of $1.00/hour. Rapid promotion can typically be expected within the first year of employment.
Great Dane is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make every attempt to make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as needed. Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.