- Birmingham, AL, USA
Our commitment to building superior products and fulfilling customer needs has taken us from a small, steel fabricating company to the leading trailer manufacturer in the world. Celebrating over 100 years in business, Great Dane has built an enviable reputation as an industry leader in technology, innovation and quality.
Headquartered in Chicago, IL, Great Dane has additional corporate offices in Savannah, GA, a parts distribution center, and eight strategically located manufacturing plants throughout the U.S.
From humble beginnings in 1900, Great Dane has built a reputation as the industry leader in technology, innovation and quality, and our dry vans and refrigerated and platform trailers are widely recognized throughout the marketplace as No. 1 in quality and durability.
Great Dane's extensive network of company-owned branches and full-line independent dealers and parts-only independent dealers offer distribution points for both Trailers and Aftermarket parts across North and South America.
Great Dane is now hiring for a Parts Coordinator at our Birmingham, Alabama Branch. The Parts Coordinator is responsible for helping customers in identifying the parts and assemblies of new and older trailers for the purpose of replacement or repair of such items. Primary duties include locating and researching trailer VIN information in correspondence to phone and/or email inquiries.
*Please attach a detailed resume*
The primary role of an Inside Parts Coordinator is to provide customer support by resolving their technical issues via email, phone, fax or internet.
• Search trailer VIN to identify parts via computer programs, microfiche, or paper files.
• Provide excellent customer service by satisfying customer requests.
• Identify correct OEM part based on product specifications.
• Investigate customer complaints regarding part verification.
• Verify vendor availability and specifications of OEM part.
•Checking deliveries and shipments before departure to ensure order accuracy
• Assist with Inventory Management
•Routing delivery trucks efficiently
• Maintains an effective working relationship with management, mechanics, customers and vendors.
•Assisting in all phases of parts department operations as needed
•Other parts department duties as assigned
•Other branch duties as assigned
The successful candidate should possess the following knowledge/skills:
•High School Diploma or GED preferred
• Minimum of 2 years experience within a Parts Department
• Prior Semi-Trailer or Heavy Duty Parts experience preferred
•Valid Drivers License
•Excellent Customer Service and communication skills.
• Problem-solving skills
• Decision-making skills
•Good computer operations, data entry, and Microsoft Word/ Excel skills.
•Excellent organizational and filing skills.
•Ability to work on multiple tasks with varying deadlines.
•Experience answering phones in a professional and courteous manner.
•Ability to lift 50 pounds
•Ability to work with power tools
Please submit a detailed resume or apply at the Branch location:
1208 Bankhead Hwy. Birmingham, AL 35204
- A favorable background screen, physical/drug screen, and proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required for employment.
- We offer a competitive wage and benefits package including medical, dental, and life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401k and pension
Great Dane is an Equal Opportunity Employer