Mechanic Trailer Technicians
- Little Rock, AR, USA
Our commitment to building superior products and fulfilling customer needs has taken us from a small, steel fabricating company to the leading trailer manufacturer in the world. Celebrating over 100 years in business, Great Dane has built an enviable reputation as an industry leader in technology, innovation and quality.
Headquartered in Chicago, IL, Great Dane has additional corporate offices in Savannah, GA, a parts distribution center, and eight strategically located manufacturing plants throughout the U.S.
From humble beginnings in 1900, Great Dane has built a reputation as the industry leader in technology, innovation and quality, and our dry vans and refrigerated and platform trailers are widely recognized throughout the marketplace as No. 1 in quality and durability.
Great Dane's extensive network of company-owned branches and full-line independent dealers and parts-only independent dealers offer distribution points for both Trailers and Aftermarket parts across North and South America.
Great Dane is now hiring Mechanic Trailer Technicians in our service department at our Little Rock, AR Branch.
We offer quick advancement, bigger, better pay and the opportunity to become a Master Technician through our ASE-certified training program.Come join our team where every employee has opportunities to learn, to grow, to succeed and to be engaged in company activities.
Candidate should have previous experience as a mechanic/technician in the trailer industry. Carpentry, welding and mechanic skills are a plus. This career opportunity is available for a self-motivated person with strong work ethics. We are willing to train the right applicant.
*Please attach a detailed resume*
- Responsible for repairs and required preventative maintenance of trailers.
- Build, rebuild and repair all parts of trailer equipment, as may be required in the department assigned to.
- Inspect, trouble shoot, diagnose, and perform maintenance on equipment
- Must furnish own hand tools
- Must be able to use hand tools and test equipment
- Physical activities include: frequent walking, lifting, twisting, turning, climbing a ladder, using hands, etc.
- Knowledgeable of safe working conditions & competent of safety skills with all shop tools.
- Communicate with vendors regarding financial matters and effectively resolve issues with them.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Years of Experience: 1-2 years Mechanical experience preferred.
- Previous mechanical/technician experience in the trailer industry.
- Assist and train other mechanics
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Knowledge about design and assembly of dry freight vans to the extent necessary to perform responsibilities.
- Trouble shooting experience.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close and distance vision. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Work environment: Hours of work on site usually coincide with the Dayshift. The work schedule requirement is 8 hours per day, 5 days per week.
- This is an open air shop environment with varying temperature exposure to heat and cold.
- This is a noisy environment with moderate safety hazards and requires personal protection equipment.
- Work time is spent in an open air shop environment.
To apply in person: 9901 Diamond Drive. Little Rock, AR 72117
- Successful candidate must pass a drug screen, background check and pre-employment physical.
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits including paid holidays & vacations, retirement programs, & "Living Well" insurance benefits
- Great Dane is an Equal Opportunity Employer