New Trailer Sales Representative
- Memphis, TN, USA
Our commitment to building superior products and fulfilling customer needs has taken us from a small, steel fabricating company to the leading trailer manufacturer in the world. Celebrating over 100 years in business, Great Dane has built an enviable reputation as an industry leader in technology, innovation and quality.
Headquartered in Chicago, IL, Great Dane has additional corporate offices in Savannah, GA, a parts distribution center, and eight strategically located manufacturing plants throughout the U.S.
From humble beginnings in 1900, Great Dane has built a reputation as the industry leader in technology, innovation and quality, and our dry vans and refrigerated and platform trailers are widely recognized throughout the marketplace as No. 1 in quality and durability.
Great Dane's extensive network of company-owned branches and full-line independent dealers and parts-only independent dealers offer distribution points for both Trailers and Aftermarket parts across North and South America.
Great Dane is now hiring for a New Trailer Sales Representative for our Memphis, Tennessee branch location. The New Semi-Trailers Sales Representative is directly accountable for a targeted sales territory with the responsibility to develop, service and maintain new and existing accounts for the company’s existing product line of new and used trailers as well as other products offered by the company within the trucking industry.
Candidate must have experience in selling heavy duty transportation equipment for this dynamic performance driven role. Please upload a detailed resume
The position facilitates and promotes all facets of sales including the sale of new and used trailers. Coordinate all items associated with the selling process to insure customer satisfaction. Bilingual skills in Spanish and English are preferred to interpret, translate, explain, and provide accurate and appropriate information to many of our clients.
- Is responsible for a geographic area of responsibility and create a strategic plan to identify all potential customers. Effectively organize territory.
- With Regional Sales Manager, develop sales initiatives (goals). Review and update initiatives with sales management on a reoccurring basis.
- Identify and profile target accounts and execute a plan to develop them as a customer/partner
- Develop relationships with vendors for lead recognition.
- Research all customers as to their buying habits, their specific needs, pricing criterion and potential forecast.
- Identify & maintain core accounts and reinforce their purchase decisions by continually offering them solutions to their changing environment.
- Develop the secondary support market (parts and service) in their area of responsibility.
- Communicate with corporate sales team to provide the appropriate specs and pricing for various bookings.
- Communicate with fellow employees to ensure customer satisfaction on all trailer deliveries.
- Provide management with the actual forecast for the upcoming year.
- Utilize existing prospecting tools to develop new customers. This would include customer visits, telemarketing, computer based marketing tools, and email.
- Follow order entry procedures.
- Prepare customer quotes and pricing in a timely manner.
- Communicate with internal parts and service staff to develop the support for the customer base.
- Solicit potential financing opportunities to have an edge over competition.
- Keep up with new product advancements, specifications and industry changes.
- Performing factory visits with customers, as necessary.
- Navigate the discount process for new opportunities
- Send information and requests from customers to the corporate sales team so they can generate specifications, and apply proper discounts.
- Confirm with customer that all specifications are correct before an order is placed.
- Present formal quotations to customers
- Manage and track all orders. This includes communication and coordination with shippers, finance companies, shop foreman, end user, etc…
- Collect and verify funds before release of any trailers.
- Manage and track inventory
- Attend and participate in local and national trade shows
- Sales quotas
- Profit levels
- Specification and Pricing Accuracy
- Previous Trailer Experience
- 2-3 Years of Sales Experience
- College Degree.
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Working knowledge of the transportation industry
- Proficient communications skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, E-mail
- Ethics & Values: Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches
- Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Listening: Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees
- Negotiating: Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people – up, down and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably
- Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers
Please upload a detailed resume
- Must be able to successfully complete Background Check & Drug Screen
- We offer a competitive wage and benefits package including medical, dental, and life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401k and pension.
- Great Dane is an Equal Opportunity Employer