Trailer Mechanic Technicians
- Miami, FL, USA
Our commitment to building superior products and fulfilling customer needs has taken us from a small, steel fabricating company to the leading trailer manufacturer in the world. Celebrating over 100 years in business, Great Dane has built an enviable reputation as an industry leader in technology, innovation and quality.
Headquartered in Chicago, IL, Great Dane has additional corporate offices in Savannah, GA, a parts distribution center, and eight strategically located manufacturing plants throughout the U.S.
From humble beginnings in 1900, Great Dane Trailers has built a reputation as the industry leader in technology, innovation and quality, and our dry vans and refrigerated and platform trailers are widely recognized throughout the marketplace as No. 1 in quality and durability.
Great Dane's extensive network of company-owned branches and full-line independent dealers and parts-only independent dealers offer distribution points for both Trailers and Aftermarket parts across North and South America.
Great Dane is now hiring Trailer Mechanics in our service department at our Miami, FL Branch.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits including paid holidays & vacations, retirement programs, & "Living Well" insurance benefits. Come join our team where every employee has opportunities to learn, to grow, to succeed and to be engaged in company activities.
Candidate should have previous experience as a mechanic/technician in the trailer industry. Carpentry, welding and mechanic skills are a plus. This career opportunity is available for a self-motivated person with strong work ethics. We are willing to train the right applicant.
Please upload a detailed resume
• Responsible for repairs and required preventive maintenance of trailers
• Build, rebuild and repair all parts of trailer equipment, as may be required in the department assigned
• Inspect, trouble shoot, diagnose, and perform maintenance on equipment
• Must furnish own hand tools
• Must be able to use hand tools and test equipment
• Physical activities include: walking, lifting, twisting, turning, climbing a ladder, etc.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED preferred.
• Previous mechanical/technician experience in the trailer industry.
• 1-2 years Mechanical experience preferred.
• Troubleshooting experience
• ability to lift up to 50 lbs
To apply in person: 3130 N.W. 79th Ave. Miami, FL 33122
- Successful candidate must pass a drug screen, background check and pre-employment physical.
- We offer a competitive wage and benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401k and Gain Share.
- Great Dane is an Equal Opportunity Employer