Used Trailer Manager
- Miami, FL, USA
Our commitment to building superior products and fulfilling customer needs has taken us from a small, steel fabricating company to the leading trailer manufacturer in the world. Celebrating over 100 years in business, Great Dane has built an enviable reputation as an industry leader in technology, innovation and quality.
Headquartered in Chicago, IL, Great Dane has additional corporate offices in Savannah, GA, a parts distribution center, and eight strategically located manufacturing plants throughout the U.S.
From humble beginnings in 1900, Great Dane has built a reputation as the industry leader in technology, innovation and quality, and our dry vans and refrigerated and platform trailers are widely recognized throughout the marketplace as No. 1 in quality and durability.
Great Dane's extensive network of company-owned branches and full-line independent dealers and parts-only independent dealers offer distribution points for both Trailers and Aftermarket parts across North and South America.
Great Dane is now hiring for a Used Trailer Sales Manager at our Miami, Florida Branch.
The Used Semi-Trailer Sales Manager is responsible for evaluating, maintaining and remarketing the company’s local used trailer inventory within the trucking industry. Accountable for applying proper values for trade packages from new trailer sales. Directly accountable for a targeted sales quota with the responsibility to develop, service and maintain new and existing accounts for the company’s existing product line of used trailers as well as other products offered by the company. The position facilitates and promotes all facets of branch operations including: the sale of new and used trailers, service and parts. Coordinate all items associated with the selling process to insure customer satisfaction.
- Bilingual skills in Spanish and English is required to interpret, translate, explain, and provide accurate and appropriate information to many of our clients.
*Please attach a detailed resume*
• Geographically define the demographics of the area of responsibility and create a strategic plan to identify all potential customers. Effectively organize territory.
• Identify and profile target accounts and execute a plan to develop them as a customer/partner
• Develop relationships with vendors and others for lead recognition.
• Research all customers as to their buying habits, their specific needs, pricing criterion and potential forecast.
• Identify & maintain core accounts and reinforce their purchase decisions by continually offering them solutions to their changing environment.
• Develop the secondary support market (parts and service) in their area of responsibility.
• Assist and advise the Branch Manager on current market conditions in order to establish effective pricing strategies that will maximize profits and facilitate a quick inventory turnover cycle.
• Communicate with corporate sales team to provide the appropriate specs and pricing for various bookings.
• Communicate with fellow employees to ensure customer satisfaction on all trailer deliveries.
• Maintain a network of retail and wholesale contracts to purchase and sell trailers
• Provide management with the actual forecast for the upcoming year.
• Utilize existing prospecting tools to develop new customers. This would include customer visits, telemarketing, computer based marketing tools, and email.
• Prepare customer quotes and pricing in a timely manner.
• Navigate the discount process for new opportunities
• Send information and requests from customers to the corporate sales team so they can generate specifications, and apply proper discounts.
• Communicate with internal parts and service staff to develop the support for the customer base.
• Actively seek out used trailers to purchase and assist in relocating sold trailers to out of state customers.
• Advise the Branch Manager on current market value of prospective trade packages.
• Appraise the overall condition of potential trade packages and check into inventory.
• Make sure all trailer jackets have all proper documentation before a trailer is invoiced (i.e. delivery tickets, cost sheets, shop and vendor invoices, titles, etc.)
• Work and negotiate with the shop and parts department on making sure that the trailers are repaired and invoiced in a cost efficient manner.
• Resolve warranty issues as they arise with respect to the sale of new stock inventory trailers.
• Solicit potential financing opportunities and act as a liaison between customer and finance company to have an edge over competition.
• Collect and verify funds before release of any trailers.
• Complete reports : Inventory, On-Time, Status, etc.
• Manage and track all orders. This includes communication and coordination with shippers, finance companies, shop foreman, end user, etc…
• Manage and track inventory
• Attend and participate in local and national trade shows
• Sales quotas
• Profit levels
• Must be bilingual in Spanish and English
•Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred. High School Diploma or GD required.
•Years of Experience: 2-3 years in Sales; preferably in an Aftermarket environment
•Communication and collaboration skills in customer-facing situations as well as internal relationships
•Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
•Willingness to travel as required
•Ability to sell customers the value of Great Dane Aftermarket parts and services by making effective presentations
•Deliver ongoing sales/ product education and training to customer’s internal and external sales personnel.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: Works in office. Visits warehouse, retail and customer locations. Frequent sitting and operating a computer or meeting with others.
• Work environment: Fast paced atmosphere with multiple priorities and constant change. Frequent exposure to production areas.
• Travel: up to 50-60%
Please upload a detail resume
Great Dane is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Candidate must successfully pass a background screening and drug test.
We offer a competitive wage and benefits package including medical, dental, and life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401k and pension.