- Brazil, IN 47834, USA
Great Dane Trailers manufactures dry vans, refrigerated vans and platform trailers that are widely recognized throughout the marketplace as No. 1 in quality and durability. Our commitment to building superior products and fulfilling customer needs has taken us from a small, steel fabricating company to the most recognized trailer manufacturer in the world. Celebrating over 100 years in business, Great Dane has built a reputation as the industry leader in technology, innovation and quality.
With division offices in Savannah, Georgia, and Chicago, Illinois, Great Dane has nine strategically located manufacturing plants in the United States. In addition, Great Dane utilizes a network of company-owned branches, full-line independent dealers, and parts-only independent dealers and has distribution points across North and South America.
· Insure proper processes and steps are followed for purchase order entry, invoicing, receivables, payables, inventory reconciliation and other functions that fall into the category of plant-level financial responsibilities.
· Ensure data entry is completed timely and accurately.
· Communicate with Company officials to understand, prepare for and manage payables and other financial processes that are outside the scope of plant level control. Respond to requests for information.
· Compile and report information for costing trailers and trailer components. Communicate with necessary departments to assemble this information.
· Review customer specifications and Bills of Materials and ask questions when necessary.
· Request information related to time study and labor usage for costing options, order completion, trailer shipping.
· Review expenses, expense categories, invoicing and vendor information and ask questions when necessary.
· Follow all safety, payroll, timekeeping, attendance management, FMLA, ADA, Worker’s Compensation, benefits enrollment, training program steps and processes. Respond to issues raised by Human Resources department personnel. Communicate issues to Human Resources as needed.
· Review invoicing and vendor information and ask questions when necessary.
· Communicate with vendors regarding financial matters and effectively resolve issues with them.
· Education: College degree or equivalent training/ work experience in one or more of the following fields: Business Management, Materials Management, Inventory Control, Accounting.
· Years of Experience: Actual work experience of at least 1 year working in truck trailer manufacturing facility or similar manufacturing environment. Or actual work experience of at least 3 years in a field related to Accounting.
· High proficiency with computer: Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) and other company-specific programs, database, spreadsheet, document writing, email.
· Effective task delegation and problem solving skills.
· Effective communication skills at a level sufficient to respond to Company and vendor inquiries and to identify, investigate and participate in problem solving between departments and with vendors.
· Ability to count with a high degree of accuracy, enter data, read and interpret reports in order to perform duties efficiently and without error.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.