Receiving - Material Handler
- Elysburg, PA 17824, USA
Great Dane Trailers, typically referred to simply as Great Dane, is a Chicago, Illinois based manufacturer of truck dry van, refrigerated van and flatbed semi-trailers. Established in 1900 by J.P. Wheless and T.H. McMillan as the Savannah Blowpipe Company in Savannah, Georgia, it has gone on to become the world's largest manufacturer of commercial truck trailers.
The Receiving Material Handler performs general material handling and receiving processes. The Receiving Material Handler handles material handling duties as it specifically relates to receiving such as unloading/loading trucks, storage of materials in the warehouse, and documentation supporting these processes. The Receiving Material Handler also supports the Forklift Driving Material handlers and fills is this role when needed.
- Operates material handling equipment including stand-up order picker, sit-down rider forklift and walk-behind lift.
- Performs daily inspection on material handling equipment, checks fuel levels and fuels the forklift.
- Receive Material and complete all documentation supporting this process.
- Organizes and stores material to the correct location.
- Assists in unloading items off trucks utilizing overhead crane and fall-protection systems. Crane Certification and Fall Protection certification required.
- Effectively communicates with all levels of employees, including visitors, security, team members, management, team leaders and plant personnel.
- Observes all safety and security procedures.
- Performs other routine duties as necessary
- Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Participation in year-end inventory is mandatory.
- Employee must be able to safely and efficiently operate material handling equipment.
- Employee must be able to read and write shipping and receiving documents and other written materials.
- Employee must be able to perform the physical requirements listed in that section of this job description.
- Employee must look for potential cost savings in the work process, help keep scrap and waste to a minimum and be efficient in use of all supplies.
- Employee must perform the assigned tasks in a manner in which they meet or exceed the required production, safety, and quality service level.
- The quantity of units, parts, assemblies and/ or installations moved will vary with the process being performed, customer specification, volume and location.
- Material Handler must ensure material is safely moved and stowed properly without being damaged.
- Material Handler must ensure material is stored in a safe and effective location for use by other employees.
- Material Handler must ensure all necessary documentation is completed accurately, neatly and timely.
- Knowledge of the operating functions of material handling equipment including loading, moving, maneuvering and setting materials.
- Knowledge of and ability to differentiate the many types of material to be handled.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment indoors, outdoors and on a variety of driving surfaces including docks, ramps, roadways and gravel.
- Ability to read drawings and bill-of-materials in order to locate parts and raw materials.
- Ability to plan and prioritize daily work schedule delivering material to departments in an effective sequence.
- Ability to accurately read a tape measure and other measuring tools. Must be competent in math to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Ability to determine the weight of a load in order to comply with load capacity.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to stand and move about on concrete 10-12 hours a day. Ability to see, walk, bend, reach, grasp, stoop, kneel, twist, crawl, carry, climb (including ladders), work overhead, push and pull.
• Ability to do heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds) multiple times daily in a 10 to 12 hour shift.
• Ability to maneuver large parts and assemblies (up to 180 pounds) by pushing, pulling and flipping them into place.
• Ability to work in a constant state of alertness.
• The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
• Employees must wear all mandated PPE which includes at least protection for the eyes, ears, hands, head, body and feet.
Benefits are eligible offered after 90 day probation period which include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & Several Choices of Voluntary Benefits.
- Pension Plan and 401K (Company Match)
- Yearly Reimbursement up to $75.00 on Steel Toe/Composite Toe Footwear OR Prescription Safety Glasses.
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Vacation & Professional Days
- Quarterly GainSharing Bonus
- & more!
WNEP: Great Dane, Elysburg Commercial Link Below: