Content Marketing Manager
- Savannah, GA, USA
Our commitment to building superior products and fulfilling customer needs has taken us from a small, steel fabricating company to the leading trailer manufacturer in the world. Celebrating over 100 years in business, Great Dane has built an enviable reputation as an industry leader in technology, innovation and quality.
Headquartered in Chicago, IL, Great Dane has additional corporate offices in Savannah, GA, a parts distribution center, and eight strategically located manufacturing plants throughout the U.S.
From humble beginnings in 1900, Great Dane has built a reputation as the industry leader in technology, innovation and quality, and our dry vans and refrigerated and platform trailers are widely recognized throughout the marketplace as No. 1 in quality and durability.
Great Dane's extensive network of company-owned branches and full-line independent dealers and parts-only independent dealers offer distribution points for both Trailers and Aftermarket parts across North and South America.
Great Dane has is now hiring for a Content Marketing Manager at our Savannah, GA division office.
The Manager of Content Marketing oversees all marketing content initiatives, both internal and external, across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behavior. This individual is an expert in all things related to content and channel optimization, brand consistency, segmentation and localization, analytics and meaningful measurement.
The position collaborates cross-functionally to help define both the brand story and the story as interpreted by the customer. Ultimately, the job of the Content Marketing Manager is to think like a publisher/journalist, leading the development of content initiatives in all forms to drive new and current business.
• Ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, point of purchase, mobile, video, print and in-person. This is to be done for each buyer persona within the enterprise.
• Mapping out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why. Continuous evolvement of strategy is a must.
• The development of a functional content calendar throughout the enterprise verticals, and defining the owners in each vertical to particular persona groups.
• Supervising writers, editors, content strategists; be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
• Integration of content activities within traditional marketing campaigns.
• Conducting ongoing usability tests to gauge content effectiveness. Gathering data and handle analytics (or supervise those who do) and make recommendations based on those results. Working with owners of particular content to revise and measure particular content and marketing goals.
• Developing standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies.
• Leveraging market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical behavioral metrics.
• Establishing work flow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content. Work with technical team to implement appropriate content operations system.
• Conducting periodic competitive audits.
• Supervising the maintenance of content inventories and matrices.
• Ensuring consistent global experience and implement appropriate localization/translation strategies.
• Participation in the hiring and supervising of content/story leaders in all content verticals.
• Creation of a strategy for developing SMS/MMS outreach and advertising, apps, etc. as needed.
• Work closely with Director of CX on all creative and branding initiatives to ensure a consistent message across channels.
The Content Marketing Manager is measured on the continual improvement of customer nurturing and retention through storytelling, as well as the increase in new prospects into the company through the consistent development and deployment of content to each persona group. Success criteria include:
• Positive brand recognition and consistency across chosen published channels
• An increase in defined customer engagement metrics (measured by users taking the desired action)
• Website and social media traffic growth
• Conversion metrics definition and growth
• Social media positive sentiment metrics
• Customer feedback and survey data
• Increases in key search engine keyword rankings
• A decrease in sales/buying cycles
• Clearly defining content distribution during particular stages of the buying cycle (lead nurturing)
• Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets firsthand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
• Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others
• Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
• Ethics and Values: Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches
• Organizing: Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner
• Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus
• Listening: Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees
• Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything
• Time Management: Uses his/her time effectively; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities
• Innovation Management: Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market; has good judgement about which creative ideas and suggestions will work; has a sense about managing the creative process of others; can facilitate effective brainstorming; can project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace
• Written Communication: Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
• Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field. MBA in marketing is a plus.
- 5-7 years of experience as a respected leader in multichannel content creation
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it
- Ability to analyze and present content and social performance
- Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results in the form of engagement, leads and sales
- Experience with creating compelling messages for different target demographics. Crisis communications experience a plus
- Experience developing and maintaining an effective team through selection, training, compensation, motivation, and performance management
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close and distance vision.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate.
Successful candidate must pass a drug screen and background check.
We offer a competitive wage and benefits package including medical, dental, and life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401k
Great Dane is an Equal Opportunity Employer