Systems Engineer - Delta V Specialist
- Durham, NC, USA
From concept to design to execution, be part of the team that gets everyday products to people.
Do you want to have an impact on creating products from today’s top brands? Does having a company care about your career today and into the future motivate you? Does an environment where your opinions matter excite you? Are you a natural born tinkerer? If so, you have found your next calling!
Grantek is a recognized leading provider of integrated automation, smart manufacturing and industrial information solutions in the global marketplace. Our clients are some of the worlds most respected Fortune 100 companies and recognized consumer brands: Sanofi, Mondelez, Molson Coors, Apotex, Coca-Cola, KraftHeinz, to name a few.
We offer an atmosphere where you can express your creative ideas and talents by working on a variety of projects and technologies. Using today’s leading-edge technology, you will partner with clients to solve their most complex manufacturing and industrial information problems.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive compensation package, retirement matching, company paid benefits, flexible work hours, and an education/career development program. For more information on what Grantek offers, visit: https://www.greatplacetowork.com/certified-company/1366407
We are committed to providing a positive and healthy corporate culture, one that empowers employees, promotes knowledge-sharing, and encourages strong friendships and social connections amongst all team members. We are a team of dedicated Engineers and Designers with an average of 7 years’ tenure at Grantek. The vast majority of our employees have started off their careers at Grantek and have grown into successful senior team members who are integral to our client's manufacturing processes.
As a key member of Grantek’s Engineering team, you will be developing and expanding on process control and automation solutions, primarily using Emerson’s DeltaV DCS platform, for key Life Science and Pharmaceutical Manufacturing clients. Your additional expertise in the following will be considered as differentiating assets: PLC and PAC Programming, Operator Interface and HMI application design, SCADA design, Network design, Database design, Vision system design, Machine Safety system design, Servo motion control, Information Solution design, MES design, ERP connector development, High-level software solution design (involving C#, HTML5, .NET, SQL, VB, VBA, and more).
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Engineering and implementing real-time process control and information solutions – brownfield, greenfield
- Conceptualizing during the design phase of the project life cycle
- DCS programming, debugging, and testing
- Creating documentation, including project engineering notes, project proposals, project design traceability documentation, case studies, and more
- Commissioning solutions at client sites; finding opportunities for improvements
- Creating methodologies and complex problem-solving
- Learning new technologies
- Mentoring colleagues on your expertise and knowledge base.
- Having fun and being challenged
- DCS Platform: Emerson Delta V
- PAC / PLC Programming Platforms: Rockwell / Allen-Bradley, Siemens, Omron, Modicon, GE, etc.
- System Networking: Ethernet, Routing and Switching, EthernetIP, DeviceNet, ControlNet, Profibus, DH+, Remote IO, Modbus, etc.
- HMI Platforms: Rockwell / Allen-Bradley, Wonderware, Schneider Electric, etc.
- SCADA Platforms: Rockwell / Allen-Bradley, Inductive Automation, Wonderware, GE, Siemens, etc.
- Servo Motion Control: Rockwell / Allen-Bradley, Emerson, Omron, etc.
- Vision Platforms: Cognex, Datalogic, Keyence, etc.
- MES Platforms: Rockwell / Allen-Bradley, Sepasoft, Wonderware, etc.
- High-level Programming: C#, HTML5, .NET, Cloud, SQL, VB, VBA, etc.
- Database Platforms: Microsoft, Oracle, etc.
- Operating Systems: Microsoft (current and legacy to NT), Unix, Linux, etc.
- Project Documentation: Microsoft Office
- Highly experienced in Emerson Delta V DCS Implementations
- Successful completed of B.Sc. Computer Engineering, Mechatronics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related Engineering Technology degree.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience with some or all the listed “Technologies Used”, in previous section.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in designing and delivering Life Science / Pharmaceutical manufacturing controls solutions
- Additional asset if experienced in Food and Beverage, and/or Consumer Packaged Goods
- Meticulous, conscientious, analytical, focused, self-starter individual, who is a quick learner.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Have full-time access to a personal vehicle
- Willingness to travel up to 50% throughout North America
We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to provide Grantekians with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.