- Auburn, AL, USA
From concept to design to execution, be part of the team that gets everyday products to people.
Grantek is a recognized leading provider of integrated automation and information solutions in the North American marketplace. Our clients are some of the worlds most respected Fortune 100 companies and recognized consumer brands: Mondelez, Brita, Molson Coors, Coca-Cola, Kraft-Heinz, to name a few.
You will work from our local client location near Auburn, Alabama. This position is contract and may be extended depending on client needs.
As a key member of Grantek’s Engineering Group, you will work directly with the client in Auburn, Alabama to create manufacturing solutions in a pharmaceutical environment.
Key-skills and interests: high-level programming, database development, machine and process control, mechatronics.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Engineering and implementing real-time automation controls solutions
- Manufacturing Execution System (MES) configuration, programming, debugging, and testing
- Commissioning innovative solutions for our world-class customer base; finding, sharing and capitalizing on opportunities for improvement
- Creating methodologies and performing complex problem-solving
- Assisting coordination of efforts between Grantek employees and client
- Completing documentation
- Learning new technologies
- Having fun and being challenged
- SCADA Platforms: Inductive Automation Ignition, Rockwell / Allen-Bradley, Wonderware, GE, Siemens, etc.
- MES Platforms: Sepasoft Rockwell / Allen-Bradley, Wonderware, etc.
- Vision Platforms: Cognex, Datalogic, Keyence, etc.
- PLC Programming Platforms: Rockwell / Allen-Bradley, Siemens, Omron, Modicon, GE, etc.
- System Networking: Ethernet, Routing and Switching, EthernetIP, DeviceNet, ControlNet, Profibus, DH+, Remote IO, Modbus, etc.
- HMI Platforms: Rockwell / Allen-Bradley, Wonderware, Schneider Electric, etc.
- Servo Motion Control: Rockwell / Allen-Bradley, Emerson, Omron, etc.
- Database Platforms: Microsoft SQL, Oracle, etc
- Project Documentation: Microsoft Office
- Experience in MES Implementations
- Experience working as a Systems Engineer within a pharmaceutical environment
- Successful completion of B.Sc. Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related Engineering Technology degree.
- Working experience with some or all of the following programming tools:
C/C++, HTML, .NET, SQL, VB, Database software, PLC programming, and Pascal.
- Experience with database programming considered an asset (DB IV, MS Access, MS SQL SERVER, Oracle, etc.).
- Experience or proficiency with Multiple Operating Systems also seen as an asset (Win95, WinNT, Unix, QNX, etc.)
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.