Business Data Analyst
- Burlington, ON, Canada
From concept to design to execution, be part of the team that gets everyday products to people.
Grantek is a recognized leading provider of integrated automation, smart manufacturing and industrial information solutions in the global marketplace. Our clients are some of the worlds most respected Fortune 100 companies and recognized consumer brands: Brita, MillerCoors, Coca-Cola, and Kraft-Heinz, to name a few.
We offer a collaborative atmosphere where you can learn new technologies and have your skills and ideas valued. Work with a range of technologies to solve real business problems. Utilize your trouble shooting and organizational skills to drive successful implementation of new solutions.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive compensation package, retirement matching, company paid benefits, flexible work hours, and an education/career development program. For more information on what Grantek offers, visit: https://www.greatplacetowork.com/certified-company/1366407
We are committed to providing a positive and healthy corporate culture, one that empowers employees, promotes knowledge-sharing, and encourages strong friendships and social connections amongst all team members. We are a team of dedicated Corporate Employees, Engineers and Designers with an average of 7 years’ tenure at Grantek. The vast majority of our employees have started their careers off at Grantek and have grown into successful senior team members who are integral to our client's manufacturing processes.
As a key member of the Information Technology Team, you will be a liaison to the Financial and Operations Teams, and responsible for learning their business processes and needs. Advance towards a deep understanding of the underlying data and promote its transformation into actionable information. Perform data extracts and data mart creation, report generation, and provide analytical data platforms. Recommend and implement technologies that make sense for the environment and that you will take ownership of.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Work with the Finance and Operations teams to validate data and determine process improvements to resolve current challenges and future needs
- Assemble, sort, analyze, validate, and automate multi-faceted data to improve the financial reporting processes
- Develop and automate reports utilizing Business Intelligence tools that provide insightful information to senior management
- Optimizing data models for downstream consumption by BI platforms such as PowerBI
- Ensure a uniform data dictionary is developed and maintained across all systems and reports.
- Continue to improve reporting processes with respect to efficiency, accuracy and timeliness
- Collect reporting data from multiple teams and sources, and aggregate to provide business value
- Review, analyze and understand the data and data sources to ensure that all business requirements are met and that the reporting is comprehensive, efficient and accurate
- Support changes to scorecards and dashboards to allow the business to track additional metrics as we grow in this arena
- Act as liaison between IT and Finance, identifying gaps, trends, and value opportunities, and providing technical assistance towards improving data transformation
- Meet compliance/audit requirements with respect to process documentation and best practices
- Contribute to the documentation of the business processes and functions
- Contribute to the team in both technical and analytical aspects by sharing and adopting best practices
- Having fun and being challenged
Technologies Used/Experience Required:
- Successful or upcoming completion of Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Technical program relating to data processing. Courses including basics of Business or Finance are valued.
- Proven relevant experience successfully working in an analytical or reporting role using SQL
- Programming skills in such languages as PHP or JAVA a plus
- Experience with Data Analytics and reporting tools such as Power BI, Tableau, and Qlikview
- Expert level of Excel required including pivot tables and VLOOKUPs
- Experience writing complex SQL queries (using joins and grouping) required
- Ability to translate, convert and transform data files and databases from one format to another
- Ability to create and maintain data dictionaries for existing and new databases
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Experience with data exports from accounting systems
- Highly organized and able to prioritize and handle a variety of tasks and responsibilities simultaneously and efficiently
- Flexible and adaptable with a positive “can-do” attitude who gets excited about taking on new challenges
We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to provide Grantekians with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.