Machine Safety Specialist
- Corona, CA, USA
From concept to design to execution, be part of the team that gets everyday products to people.
Do you want to have an impact on creating products from today’s top brands? Does having a company care about your career today and into the future motivate you? Does an environment where your opinions matter excite you? Are you a natural born tinkerer? If so, you have found your next calling!
Grantek is a recognized leading provider of integrated automation, smart manufacturing and industrial information solutions in the global marketplace. Our clients are some of the worlds most respected Fortune 100 companies and recognized consumer brands: Tassimo, Brita, MillerCoors, Coca-Cola, Kraft-Heinz, to name a few.
We offer an atmosphere where you can express your creative ideas and talents by working on a variety of projects and technologies. Using today’s leading edge technology, you will partner with clients to solve their most complex manufacturing and industrial information problems.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive compensation package, retirement matching, company paid benefits, flexible work hours, and an education/career development program. For more information on what Grantek offers, visit: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/grantek-systems-integration
We are committed to providing a positive and healthy corporate culture, one that empowers employees, promotes knowledge-sharing, and encourages strong friendships and social connections amongst all team members. We are a team of dedicated Engineers and Designers with an average of 7 years’ tenure at Grantek. The vast majority of our employees have started off their careers at Grantek and have grown into successful senior team members who are integral to our client's manufacturing processes.
As a key member of Grantek’s Safety practice, you will act as expert subject matter expert internally and externally on Grantek’s machine safety services and safety-related projects. You will provide guidance, direction and governance for all safety-related projects, especially machine safety.
Key-skills and interests: US. And Canadian Safety regulations and standards, Manufacturing Automation
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance, direction and governance for all safety projects or projects that contain safety, including general Safety consultation.
- Provide input on new service offerings and product features as part of strategic direction
- Conduct Assessments/Audits on applicable Safety projects.
- Create and perform Safety Verification reports and Safety Validation reports.
- Work with Director, Safety Practice to develop work guidelines, standards and best practices for the organization, including Safety procedures, templates, and documents to support current and future Safety services.
- Prepare and deliver Safety training & educational classes, both internally and externally.
- Be a champion for all company Safety projects to ensure consistency across all groups.
- Create and manage partner relationships
- Ensure compliance with applicable regulatory and customer standards/practices
- Aid Practice Development with areas related to the Safety Practice.
- Mentor engineers and designers, to both increase general Safety Practice related knowledge in the Department, and to create a stream of future Safety Specialists, growing the team.
- Actively keep up to date with new and relevant emerging business trends as related to the discipline; attend seminars/tradeshows/workshops on related industry topics; conduct industry research and market analysis; analyze industry trends impacting our services/products as it applies to the Specialty department; determine direction and planning for future strategies; review professional publications; establish personal networks; benchmark state-of-the-art practices; participate in professional societies.
- Possesses extensive knowledge of a broad field of Safety, including US and Canadian Safety regulations and standards, and knowledge of reciprocal effects of the work upon other fields.
- Is fully technically literate in all relevant technical areas, and is able to quickly adapt to new technologies, projects and industry changes.
- Demonstrates expert level analytical, decision making and problem solving skills.
- TUV Certified Functional Safety Engineer
- Hazard Identification and Risk Evaluation Experience (CSP certification suggested)
- Automation and process control system design experience
- Complex safety and reliability design experience
- Basic project management experience
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Have full-time access to a personal vehicle
- Be highly flexible with regards to travel
We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to provide Grantekians with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.