Services and Support Technician
- Burlington, ON, Canada
From concept to design to execution, be part of the team that gets everyday products to people.
Do you want to have an impact on creating products from today’s top brands? Does having a company care about your career today and into the future motivate you? Does an environment where your opinions matter excite you? Are you a natural born tinkerer? If so, you have found your next calling!
Grantek is a recognized leading provider of integrated automation, smart manufacturing and industrial information solutions in the global marketplace. Our clients are some of the worlds most respected Fortune 100 companies and recognized consumer brands: Tassimo, Brita, MillerCoors, Coca-Cola, Kraft-Heinz, to name a few.
We offer an atmosphere where you can express your creative ideas and talents by working on a variety of projects and technologies. Using today’s leading-edge technology, you will partner with clients to solve their most complex manufacturing and industrial information problems.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive compensation package, retirement matching, company paid benefits, and an education/career development program. For more information on what Grantek offers, visit: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/grantek-systems-integration
We are committed to providing a positive and healthy corporate culture, one that empowers employees, promotes knowledge-sharing, and encourages strong friendships and social connections amongst all team members. We are a team of dedicated Engineers and Designers with an average of 7 years’ tenure at Grantek. The vast majority of our employees have started off their careers at Grantek and have grown into successful senior team members who are integral to our client's manufacturing processes.
As a key member of Grantek’s Technical Service & Support team you will be responsible for our customers technical support and maintenance of automation and information systems. You will perform troubleshooting, commissioning, start-up, testing, preventive maintenance, and repair services of a variety of manufacturing automation systems, including, but not limited to: PLCs, HMIs, Sensors, VFDs, Industrial Networking.
*This position requires frequent travel throughout North America.
*This position will have rotating shifts of days/afternoons/nights. Initially the role will focus around nights.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support and maintenance services, both remotely and within customer facilities.
- Provide an immediate response to all customer support inquiries.
- Assume full ownership of the service call; manage, follow-up, and close out all assigned support items.
- Prepare and maintain accurate service call documentation.
- Engage with internal Engineering personnel.
- Train customer manufacturing personnel on applicable manufacturing systems.
- Investigate, reproduce and provide technical solutions.
- Identify process improvement opportunities.
*Note that Grantek understands you may not know each technology listed. We will train on areas that are new to you.
- PLC Programming Platforms: Rockwell / Allen-Bradley, Siemens, Omron, Modicon, GE, etc.
- System Networking: Ethernet, Routing and Switching, EthernetIP, DeviceNet, ControlNet, Profibus, DH+, Remote IO, Modbus, etc.
- HMI Platforms: Rockwell / Allen-Bradley, Wonderware, Schneider Electric, etc.
- SCADA Platforms: Rockwell / Allen-Bradley, Inductive Automation, Wonderware, GE, Siemens, etc.
- Servo Motion Control: Rockwell / Allen-Bradley, Emerson, Omron, etc.
- Vision Platforms: Cognex, Datalogic, Keyence, etc.
- MES Platforms: Rockwell / Allen-Bradley, Sepasoft, Wonderware, etc.
- High-level Programming: C#, Java, Python, HTML5, .NET, Cloud, SQL, VB, VBA, etc.
- Database Platforms: Microsoft, Oracle, etc.
- Operating Systems: Microsoft (current and legacy to NT), Unix, Linux, etc.
- Project Documentation: Microsoft Office
- Will typically possess 1 - 5 years of relevant industry experience
- Possesses at least one of the following or is working towards achieving: EET diploma/degree or Mechatronics diploma/degree or Associates degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field required
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Have full-time access to a personal vehicle
- Willingness to travel up to 80% throughout the NA
- Is flexible with possible shift work; nights and days
We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to provide Grantekians with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.