- Allentown, PA, USA
From concept to design to execution, be part of the team that gets everyday products to people.
Do you want to have an impact on creating products from today’s top brands? Do you want to work for a company that cares about your career today and into the future? Do you want to work in an environment where your opinions matter? If so, you have found your next calling!
Grantek is a recognized leading provider of integrated automation and information solutions in the North American marketplace. Our clients are some of the worlds most respected Fortune 100 companies and recognized consumer brands: Tassimo, Brita, MillerCoors, Coca-Cola, Kraft-Heinz, to name a few.
We offer an environment where you can express your creative ideas and talents by working on a variety of projects. You will work from your local corporate office as well as have the opportunity to travel to client facilities to commission your creation. Using today’s leading edge technology, you will work directly with clients to solve their most complex manufacturing problems.
Grantek offers a competitive compensation, paid overtime, retirement matching, comprehensive benefits plan, flexible work hours, education allowance reimbursement, performance based bonus, and so much more. For more information on what Grantek offers, visit: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/grantek-systems-integration
We are committed to providing a positive and healthy corporate culture, one that empowers employees and promotes the sharing of knowledge
As a key member of the Grantek Electrical Design Group, you will be designing and documenting electrical automation systems for some of the most respected manufacturers of global brands, as well as niche manufacturers seeking improved performance and a competitive advantage. All junior team members will enter our mentoring program where they will work directly beside our Senior Engineer
Key-skills and interests: electrical hard-ware design, machine level controls, electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Solving problems
- Attending client meetings where they assess the client need
- Electrical design to meet and exceed customer’s expectations
- Sourcing electrical parts
- Designing and documenting electrical automation systems
- Installing, debugging and start-up of machines
- Providing support once installation is complete
- Providing training to maintenance teams and operators
- Mentoring colleagues on your expertise knowledge base
- Having fun and being challenged
Strong working knowledge of the following Manufacture hardware (Allen Bradley PLC5 and SLC 500, Siemens S5, S7 & TI, Omron, Modicon, GE, Controllogix, Compactlogix etc.) for specification of the following;
- PLC I/O Modules
- PLC I/O buses (Profibus, Fieldbus, DeviceNet, etc.)
- PLC Communications (Ethernet)
- Motor Starters. Overloads, Relays and Operator Controls
- Field Sensors (Level, Pressure, Temperature, Proximity switches, Encoders, Resolvers etc)
- Variable Frequency Drives
- Servo Motion Control products (AB, Reliance, Pacific Scientific, Emerson, etc.)
- Pneumatic Control products
- Hydraulic Control products
- Safety Monitoring Relays, PLCs, Category 3
- Proficiency in producing electrical schematic drawings
- Experience commissioning and troubleshooting new electrical installations including preparing electrical construction bid packages.
- Proficiency with the Layout of Custom Control Panels.
- A broad knowledge of the newest electrical automation hardware and proficiency in custom panel design.
- Proficiency with Test Equipment (Multimeters, Scopes etc.)
- Experienced with the start-up of many machines or processes.
- Successful or upcoming completion of Bachelor of Electrical Engineering, CETs or Licensed Electricians with experience in the Engineering field
- Experienced candidates must have experience with the above technical skills
- Meticulous, conscientious, analytical, objective-driven individual who is a quick learner.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Have full-time access to a personal vehicle
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.