Manufacturing IT Specialist - Entry Level
- Montreal, QC, Canada
From concept to design to execution, be part of the team that gets everyday products to people.
Do you want to have an impact on creating products from today’s top brands? Do you want to work for a company that cares about your career today and into the future? Do you want to work in an environment where your opinions matter? If so, you have found your next calling!
Grantek is a recognized leading provider of integrated automation and information solutions in the North American marketplace. Our clients are some of the worlds most respected Fortune 100 companies and recognized consumer brands: Tassimo, Brita, MillerCoors, Coca-Cola, Kraft-Heinz, to name a few.
We offer an environment where you can express your creative ideas and talents by working on a variety of projects. You will work from your local corporate office as well as have the opportunity to travel to client facilities to commission your creation. Using today’s leading edge technology, you will work directly with clients to solve their most complex manufacturing problems.
Grantek offers a competitive compensation, paid overtime, retirement matching, comprehensive benefits plan, flexible work hours, education allowance reimbursement, performance based bonus, and so much more. For more information on what Grantek offers, visit: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/grantek-systems-integration
We are committed to providing a positive and healthy corporate culture, one that empowers employees and promotes the sharing of knowledge
As a key member of Grantek’s Manufacturing IT Group, you will be developing real-time automation solutions from the manufacturing plant floor to the enterprise level, using a variety of software programming tools. The solutions you will design will be specifically tailored to meet the business
and technical needs of our customers. All junior team members will enter our mentoring program where they will work directly beside our Senior Engineer professionals.
Key-skills and interests: high-level programming, IT architecture and design, enterprise resource planning systems.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Bridging the business to the factory floor
- Looking at the “as-is” state and helping the client close the gap of today vs tomorrow
- Attending client meetings where they assess the client need
- Communicating with decision makers on the Internet of things
- Creating reporting structures to allow quick decisions to be made for business objectives
- Helping the decision makers to analyze their control systems
- Network architecture
- Providing support
- Providing training to management
- Mentoring colleagues on your expertise knowledge base
- Having fun and being challenged
- Compiled programming languages: C/C++, Java, or .NET
- Databases: MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle, etc.
- Virtualization technologies: VMWare, Microsoft Hyper-V, etc
- Real time devices: PLCs, Microcontrollers, etc.
- SAP (MII, Websphere, etc).
- Networking: Managed Switches, Layer 3 devices, CCNA certification.
- ERP platforms is seen as an asset.
- SCADA systems knowledge is seen as an asset
- Experienced with the start-up of many machines or processes.
- Successful or upcoming completion of Bachelor of Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related degree
- Experienced candidates must have experience with the above technical skills
- Meticulous, conscientious, analytical, objective-driven individual who is a quick learner
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- Valid Driver's License
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.