- Burlington, ON, Canada
Do you want to have an impact on creating products from today’s top brands? Does having a company care about your career today and into the future motivate you? Does an environment where your opinions matter excite you? Are you a natural born tinkerer? If so, you have found your next calling!
Grantek is a recognized leading provider of integrated automation, smart manufacturing and industrial information solutions in the global marketplace. Our clients are some of the worlds most respected Fortune 100 companies and recognized consumer brands: Tassimo, Brita, MillerCoors, Coca-Cola, Kraft-Heinz, to name a few.
You will work from your local corporate office as well as have the opportunity to travel to other Grantek offices and client facilities.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive compensation package, retirement matching, company paid benefits, flexible work hours, and an education/career development program. For more information on what Grantek offers, visit: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/grantek
We are committed to providing a positive and healthy corporate culture, one that empowers employees, promotes knowledge-sharing, and encourages strong friendships and social connections amongst all team members. We are a team of dedicated Engineers and Designers with an average of 7 years’ tenure at Grantek. The vast majority of our employees have started off their careers at Grantek and have grown into successful senior team members who are integral to our client's manufacturing processes.
As a key member of Grantek’s Safety practice, you will act as expert subject matter expert internally and externally on Grantek’s safety services and safety-related projects. You will provide guidance, direction and governance for all safety-related projects, especially machine safety. This position reports into the Director, Safety.
Key-skills and interests: US. And Canadian Safety regulations and standards, Manufacturing Automation
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance, direction and governance for all safety projects or projects that contain safety, including general Safety consultation.
- Provide input on new service offerings and product features as part of strategic direction
- Provide input on ROI for proposed initiatives and Safety Requirement Specification workshops.
- Conduct Assessments/Audits on applicable Safety projects.
- Create and perform Safety Verification reports and Safety Validation reports.
- Work with Director, Safety Practice to develop work guidelines, standards and best practices for the organization, including Safety procedures, templates, and documents to support current and future Safety services.
- Prepare and deliver Safety training & educational classes, both internally and externally.
- Provide input on ensuring Grantek’s Safety practice policies meet or exceed industry best practices.
- Work effectively across the Grantek organization to ensure successful and timely execution of product roadmap objectives.
- Be a champion for all company Safety projects to ensure consistency across all groups.
- Be a leader in customer pursuits on Safety projects, instilling confidence in our Safety Practice.
- Be a leader in the technical aspects of the Safety Practice.
- Create and manage partner relationships with integration firms for partnering on projects.
- Create and manage partner relationships for International Execution.
- Create and manage partner relationships with Safety Vendor partners.
- Participate in planning to achieve prescribed objectives.
- Ensure compliance with applicable regulatory and customer standards/practices when working on projects.
- Aid Practice Development with areas related to the Safety Practice.
- Mentor engineers and designers, to both increase general Safety Practice related knowledge in the Department, and to create a stream of future Safety Specialists, growing the team.
- Actively keep up to date with new and relevant emerging business trends as related to the discipline; attend seminars/tradeshows/workshops on related industry topics; conduct industry research and market analysis; analyze industry trends impacting our services/products as it applies to the Specialty department; determine direction and planning for future strategies; review professional publications; establish personal networks; benchmark state-of-the-art practices; participate in professional societies.
- Possesses extensive knowledge of a broad field of Safety, including US and Canadian Safety regulations and standards, and knowledge of reciprocal effects of the work upon other fields.
- Is fully technically literate in all relevant technical areas, and is able to quickly adapt to new technologies, projects and industry changes.
- Demonstrates expert level analytical, decision making and problem solving skills.
- TUV Certified Functional Safety Engineer
- Hazard Identification and Risk Evaluation Experience (CSP certification suggested)
- Automation and process control system design experience
- Complex safety and reliability design experience
- Basic project management experience
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Have full-time access to a personal vehicle
- Be highly flexible with regards to travel
We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to provide Grantekians with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.