Social Squad/Game Day Staff Part Time
- 2945 Division Ave S, Grand Rapids, MI 49548, USA
Grand Rapids Sport & Social Club is perfect for the Grand Rapids 21 and up, professionals. We offer a unique opportunity to meet other physically and socially active individuals. Ideal for people who may have recently moved to the Grand Rapids area or just looking for a reason to get out of the house on a weekday! From Dodgeball, Kickball, to Flag Football, everything we do is coed!
How We Do It
Coed teams play fun, non-competitive games of coed sports. After each game we all meet at our partnered bar for our club's social happy hour(s), where we'll receive substantial drink and food discounts!
GRSSC is for people who like sports, but LOVE to socialize! GRSSC keeps you active, introduces you to tons of new friends, and gets you out of the house on week nights. Grand Rapids Sport & Social Club is where Grand Rapids comes to play!
• Supervise and manage Adult Sport league nights
• Building our brand through the use of Social Media
• Taking photographs and video during events and leagues
• Managing equipment
• Setting up and helping to maintain fields and playing surfaces
• Creating a social experience and environment for league members
• Ensure safe and responsible play during competition
• Assist in managing league sign-ups and teams
• Attend league social events
• Develop our advertising and marketing of sports leagues
• Assisting in managing day to day operations in the office
• Establishing a relationship with vendors, facilities, and the community to support our growing brand
• Develop new paths and opportunities for sponsorship
• Personality - Extremely Outgoing & Energetic (your personality is the client’s first impression of us!)
• A Details Freak – Taking care of the little details first makes putting on a big show easy!
• No Fear - Be confident and motivated to call on and/or meet/work/deal with facility owners, company owners, media, and of course the Godfather of GRSSC.
• “New Age” Mentality – We’re not looking for mediocre and old-school here. We want someone who has fresh ideas, can work on their own without being micro-managed, and is good at developing and maintaining relationships.
• Perfectly Seasoned – We are looking for someone who has a past experience with planning events on every level. Someone who is able to clearly represent the GRSSC to prospective businesses, while adopting our social and humorous yet professional attitude.
• Well Spoken & Written – It goes without saying, but we’ll say it anyway. You’ll need to have strong self-monitoring skills, articulate, and able to clearly draft emails without typos and grammatical errors.
• Software Knowledge - You'll need to know you way around a PC, especially, but not limited to: Microsoft Word and Excel, knowledge in Virtual DJ Pro, Corel Draw Suite x6, and basic web development (html) is a plus but we will train to help further develop!
• Thick Skin - Ok, so we may become direct at moments and therefore we need someone who won't take it personally, but rather understand that we work in a fast-paced environment which sometimes need quick and direct communication. Also, we need someone who can take direction well. We know exactly what we want and how we want it done and we always want to work on how we can do things better. Some may call it constructive criticism, but we call it perfectionificaiton. (yeah, not really a word)
• Wheels - You need your own transportation where you can, if needed, haul a few bins of equipment for sport leagues. Clown cars and vans with no windows are sketchy, but equally acceptable (we don't discriminate).
•Experience in facility management, recreation, sports management, hospitality/tourism management, or other related experience.
•Ability to use or, learn to use, various computer software programs.
•Ability to work as part of, and lead a team that collaborates effectively with colleagues.
•Strong written and verbal communication skills.
•Knowledge of standard practices and demonstrated experiences in event management, hospitality & tourism and/or special events administration.
•Entrepreneurial spirit and enthusiasm; strong communication and presentation skills.
•Analytics skills to: identify problems, assess alternatives, and render consistent, logical decisions.
•Ability to thrive in an environment that values high expectations, accountability, and balanced life choices.
•Extremely outgoing & energetic.
•Be willing and reliable to work variable hours including nights during leagues.
•Be 18+ years of age or older by start date.
•Starting @ $10.00/hr.