Relief Driver / Warehouse Worker
- Hayward, CA
Grand Food is a wholesale food distributor providing door to door deliveries to some of the best restaurants and markets throughout the San Francisco Bay Area for over 20 years.
The Grand Food Delivery Driver / Warehouse position is a physical, fast-paced position that involves continual lifting, lowering and carrying packages that typically weigh 20 - 60 lbs. and may weigh up to 80 lbs. Delivery Drivers must have excellent customer interaction and driving skills. Qualified applicants must have a valid driver’s license issued by the State of California and a clean driving record. Package Delivery Drivers are expected to comply with Grand Food appearance guidelines.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Order picking and assembling.
- Making daily, on-time deliveries to customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area
- Keeping a clean vehicle and personal appearance.
- Performing pick-up and drop-off of product inventory
- Adhering to food-safety regulations and policies
- A valid regular Class C driver’s license
- Clean DMV driving record
- Clean background references
- Ability to lift heavy products
- Pass occasional drug screenings
- Intermediate English reading and writing skills preferred
- Experience driving 16'+ box trucks a plus
- Experience operating forklift and electric lifting equipment a plus
- Knowledge of Bay Area streets and traffic a plus
- Full time 8 hours a day job with opportunities for overtime
- $9.50/hour starting compensation
- Electronic submission only, no walk-ins, no phone calls
- Applicants will be notified via email within 2 weeks of submission