Junior DevOps Engineer
- 6800 Koll Center Pkwy, Pleasanton, CA 94566, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Govzilla is at the forefront of leveraging the power of Big Data and AI to make government data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone who needs it.
Top Pharma Companies, Food Manufacturers, Medical Device Companies, and Service firms from around the globe rely on Govzilla to mine and process government inspection, enforcement, and registration data in order to quantify risk signals about their suppliers, identify market opportunities, benchmark against their peers, and prepare for the latest inspection trends. Our data and analytics have been cited by major media outlets such as MSNBC, WSJ, and the Boston Globe. Our website, FDAzilla.com is viewed more than 1 million times per year.
We are passionate about our mission to solve novel data and analytics problems for our customers. At Govzilla, we’re committed to our work, to our customers, and to having fun.
Govzilla is seeking an Associate DevOps Engineer to join our team to help grow our DevOps practice. We are looking for someone who will help develop and instill the DevOps mindset across the entire team at Govzilla. This person will work closely with our senior staff and clients to make sure their applications are fully operational, follow DevOps best practices, and run efficiently in AWS. You should have a relentless drive to automate everything.
Core Responsibilities & Skills
- Apply DevOps principles of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery/Deployment pipeline development, writing, and managing Infrastructure as Code, Automated Testing across multiple software applications.
- Support the Data and Application teams in an AWS cloud environment.
- Serve as level 2 support for the platform while being available 24x7x365 per major system monitoring events you help develop.
- Develop re-usable, automated processes, and custom tools.
- 1+ years experience building out complex automated deployments in AWS on EC2, ECS, Lambda, RDS, Elasticsearch, IAM, and S3
BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
Expert level Python and Bash scripting.
Strong Linux system administration skills
Comfortable with Docker, configuration management, and monitoring tools.
Knowledge of best practices related to security, performance, and disaster recovery.
Enjoys collaborating with other engineers on architecture and sharing designs with the team.
Excellent verbal and written English communication.
Interacts with others using sound judgment, good humor, and consistent fairness in a fast-paced environment.
- Hold an AWS DevOps Engineer or SysOps Administrator certification.
- Experience across multiple cloud platforms.
- Expert with CloudFormation templates.
Govzilla is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.