Elastic Engineer/Back End Developer
- 6800 Koll Center Pkwy, Pleasanton, CA 94566, USA
Govzilla is at the forefront of leveraging the power of Big Data and AI to make government data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone who needs it.
Top Pharma Companies, Food Manufacturers, Medical Device Companies, and Service firms from around the globe rely on Govzilla to mine and process government inspection, enforcement, and registration data in order to quantify risk signals about their suppliers, identify market opportunities, benchmark against their peers, and prepare for the latest inspection trends. Our data and analytics have been cited by major media outlets such as MSNBC, WSJ, and the Boston Globe. Our website, FDAzilla.com is viewed more than 1 million times per year.
We are passionate about our mission to solve novel data and analytics problems for our customers. At Govzilla, we’re committed to our work, to our customers, and to having fun.
Govzilla is looking for a Back End Developer experienced in the Elastic Stack (ELK) to document, analyze, and develop code, models, and Elastic Indices around our next generation platform and our new product offering(s) in business intelligence, analytics, and data science.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to work for a fast-growing company and to directly influence and drive the definition and implementation of our ever-expanding suite of unique products. If you love working with customers from top global companies while solving challenging problems with industry experts and other engineers, this is the role for you. You will merge attention to technical detail with the ability to understand and align with business imperatives.
- Design and develop scalable, modular, and manageable production web application features defined by our product team.
- Interpret agile use cases and user stories to build applications that scale, are secure, and perform.
- Work with team members to establish best practices and procedures to maximize efficiency and minimize risk.
- Other corporate related activities to help the company attain maximum efficiency and productivity.
- You’re not afraid of rolling up your sleeves to get things done. You know how to look at the big picture of features that are being developed, implications to/of data, research new technology, and have shown experience to make sound decisions.
- You’re not afraid to take calculated risks and you know how to learn and course-correct if needed.
- You sweat the small stuff, and have a proven track record of clean application implementation, documentation, and successfully releasing it to end-users.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline.
- Excellent PHP skills with 2+ years of professional coding experience in a LAMP environment.
- Working knowledge of the Laravel PHP Framework (Python a strong bonus).
- 1+ years of experience working with the Elasticsearch Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) in a production environment. Experience with multi-index, multi-sharded Elastic instances.
- Strong working knowledge of databases (MySQL, POSTGRESQL, noSQL/Mongo, Document databases, and graph databases).
- Experience with containerization (Docker).
- Experience with CI/CD development pipelines.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as git/bitbucket.
- Experience with service/microservice oriented architectures with REST based APIs and JSON.
- Excellent attitude and personal skills
- Be a committed and focused team member.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of documenting and demonstrating solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Hands on knowledge and experience with the Amazon AWS stack.
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Background in statistical data modeling, designing ETL / data pipeline solutions, and working directly with data.
- Experience with Python.
Govzilla is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.